1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Romance Means....

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by malspie, Aug 28, 2007.

1. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

This is a great thread! Feels wonderful to read it in midst of a day's work! Thanks guys!

2. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Hi Mals,

This is such a sweet thread...the years we spent together reading each other's minds, completing each other's sentences, spending time walking or sitting by the river yapping away pointlessly:cheers, teasing and mocking the other, our tiffs and the consoling afterwards :kiss!! Of course as a girl I do dream and fantasize a lot and think about all the other things so many have mentioned here!! But know this simple reality is more romantic than those in my head :)!!
    [/JUSTIFY]

3. ish333

ish333 Senior IL'ite

hi pals :hiya,

good to read all your ideas on 'romance'

I too want to add my thoughts on this lovely thread.

According to me romance means doing good and loving things when you least expect it.

4. reshsabu

reshsabu Gold IL'ite

Mals,

I have been married to DH for 7 yrs now.

If romance is about him calling me from office every 10 minutes to say 'I miss you' or he keeps sending me 'I love you' emails and SMS several times in a day, that is not us.

The following points you mentioned, is exactly what romance means to us.

Here are a few more to add -

1. To a 3rd party, he always talks about 'We' and 'us' rather than 'I' or 'me'.
    2. Thinking more about your spouse's worries or difficulties than that of yours. I dont know if I worded it correctly, but i can give an example of what I meant. We are expecting a baby next month and this week had a visit of the birthing center to see the facilities available. The first thing I checked out was if there is a couch or recliner for DH to take a nap and get comfortable in between if he is too exhausted.:).

5. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

...trust, dependability and mutual respect.

6. winpie

winpie Silver IL'ite

After so many years of marriage the one thing that still makes a mush out of me is sustained eye contact during conversation - staid but hey feels romantic and that is what counts!

7. peaches n cream

peaches n cream New IL'ite

hi ,to me romance is not about buying gifts but in the little things we do that makes us feel special here is whatI think romance is giving a beautiful smile that lights up your day saying to you I dont work for me but for you holding you close and whispering in your ears holding you all through the night buttoning his buttons every morning before leaving oiling his hair every day phoning to see how youre doing and the list goes on and on

8. kesari

kesari New IL'ite

it reminds me of the saying beauty lies in the eyes of beholder , when ever my husbands prices me when i was in the pj's , hair spread on the face ..etc..
    Romantic moments are those when he danced with me while i'm dancing to the fast faced music, time spent watching "phantom of opera" on the wedding day. laughing loud together while watching comedy movies, drinking hot coffee in the morning together in the patio listening to the birds , practicing breathing , yoga together , getting hug and care when things are grim..etc etc..