1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rocking chair - Rocks for DD

Discussion in 'Infants' started by lee50, Jan 21, 2010.

1. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

YesBee, u can go to parrys and there are so many options... Many rocking chairs, bouncers and so many...

Just give a try...

2. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Vanathi,

where did u buy it.. I enquired in few shops in Chennai and didnt get one..

Vidyaa

3. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Very good ones Lee. Thanks for sharing.

We are desparately looking for something for storing DD's things. I wanted to buy a chest-of-draws kind of thing in wood. But, I think this will work out great. I will check out at Nilkamal. Not sure where wee get it in Chennai.

4. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Yesbee

Actually we were on a bigger house hunt sometime back so this was an ideal option to pack up and move :)

Thanks Ramya

I already have the medicines kept in the cupboard in the tray. I use the plastic trays for my cupboard too. Poonam has already shown how she converted her chest of drawers in Sudha's LO's room thread you can get an idea.

5. YesBee

YesBee Bronze IL'ite

Vidyaa....is there any specific shop/street name in parrys. I have never been there before.

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

I ordered it through a local plastics dealer from Nilkamal. I was wondering if '@ Home' on Nelson manickam Road would have it as thats a Nilakamal-owned store. Welcome To Nilkamal Limited

V.

7. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

I hope this is not a silly question, but I was wondering about the plastic used in the cupboard. Given the child's asthma we are very particular about it being phthalate-free:do any of you ladies recall what kind of plastic the cupboard is... I am looking for a storage unit for his toys and this looks good

8. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Tikka,

Nilkamal is a brandname and ISO certified company, I am sure they are taking care of the quality of plastic. In case you are looking for a toy cupboard they also have mini cupboards, half the size which can be used for rough storage.

9. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

I am sure it is a good quality plastic, we do have a lot of nilkamal stuff in our lawn. But I was trying to see if there is a labeling somewhere on the product which says what it is... I have been wanting this shelf for a while now, but could never get that info without going to the @home shop... Now that I know you and V have it, can I ask you ladies to look up the product literature if you still have it and let me know if there is a number inscribed there somewhere like in this link. SWRC - Plastics labelling For eg: our booster is no. 5 on it, so is food grade and safer. We avoid 2, 3, 4 and 7 inside the house, given our special needs. From what I read, phthlates are bad for children with asthma and I am getting rid of those in the house too... so that rules out PET bottles for us. I hope I have made it clearer now. TIA

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  10. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Wow...Tikka..
    I never knew so many grades of plastic existed...

You seem to have done lot of research!!