1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

road test pls help...........

Discussion in 'Indians in Chicago' started by katsbis, Apr 22, 2013.

1. katsbis

katsbis Senior IL'ite

Hi IL members,

I am planning to take my road test very soon at the chicago west location i.e 5301 W. Lexington St. Chicago, IL 60644. I am extremely tensed about it so friends plssssssssssssss help me..does anybody know the route of the road test at this location? or is there any other location where the road test is comparatively easier to manage? i am on h4 so i cannot go on those locations which look for the SSN. I am only eligible for locations tht take the SSN denial letter.

so pls help me with some guidance...waiting for replies.

thanks in advance
    Katsbiz

2. Parukutts

Parukutts Bronze IL'ite

katsbiz,
    i am on h4 and i took road test at rockford location. i have heard that in west location you will have to do a parallel parking which i dont know and i did not bother to learn since i stay in suburbs.rockford location test route is easy and is through a residential area. i can give you the exact route and exact questions !!:Di have heard that its best to avoid west location.

3. katsbis

katsbis Senior IL'ite

Hi Purukutts,

thanks a lot for the info.It is really very sweet of you to tell me this. I will definitely go to the rockford location( 3720 E. State St.Rockford, IL 61108). I hope you r talking about this location. Pls tell me about the route and the questions. it will be a great help for me. the very thought of it really makes me scary. btw when did you take the road test?

waiting for your reply
    thanks buddy
    katsbis

4. Parukutts

Parukutts Bronze IL'ite

katsbis,
    yes thats the location.i did the test back in 2009 and had to take it again last month to renew it.the orroute was the same all these years.
    steps:
    the examiner comes with us to the parked car and will ask you to roll down the windows.
    then he will stay in front of the car and ask us to show right signal,left.then he will go back and do the same and ask to press brake (to check if everythin is working)
    then he gets in car asks for the insurance and he will explain everything that we have to follow his instructions and evrything.
    its better to park car so that you can take a reverse and show.
    i wish i could draw on google map and show you.
    route as told:
    take right when exiting from the dmv parking.
    then at next signal take right.
    from go straight and the rest of route is residential area and roads with 15/35 mph.
    he asked 2 questions :
    1.show how to make a uphill parking, he can ask uphill or downhill parking.
    2.he made me take a T using a church parking.
    return was through through the back side of the dmv.

5. Parukutts

Parukutts Bronze IL'ite

Katsbis
    Did u take the test ?

6. katsbis

katsbis Senior IL'ite

not yet... my baby is not well so the whole thing got a bit delayed....will definitely let u know once i take the test. btw can u pls explain this- he made me take a T using a church parking. how do u do a T?

thanks
    katsbiz

7. Parukutts

Parukutts Bronze IL'ite

Search for 3 point turn in youtube. Its the same

8. Ranjusree13

Ranjusree13 New IL'ite

Hi Sanjula,

Can u please let me know the full address and the questions ?..I m planning to take this month..is this Chicago west ?

9. Ranjusree13

Ranjusree13 New IL'ite

Hi parukutts,

Thanks for the details.. I have plans take test this month.but Rockford dmv is very far me..is there any other locations which is near to waukegan? Can you please let me know the documents to carry?

10. Thejasri

Thejasri New IL'ite

Hi Katbis,

With SSN denial letter ,is there only specific locations where we can take the test??Please let me know about the test centers.Too many details from different corners is confusing me a lot