River Safari - Info

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Singapore' started by AkilaMani, Jun 13, 2013.

1. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,

I am planning to go to the river safari next week. I have seen the online site and it seems quite interesting. Has anyone been to it? If so please share your experience and views. I am planning to take my parents and my mother cannot walk long distances, so I want to know if long walks are involved in the panda forrest. I am sure if so there will be place for her to rest and wait till we finish, but I want to be a little more prepared.

Thanks in advance for all your inputs :)

2. Topaz

Topaz Silver IL'ite

My response will be late, but will update my experience.

Other than the Panda Bears there is nothing worthwhile there right now. They have not completed the Safari...there is no cruise just walk along the side of the canals and see the enclosures. They put the Panda at the end of the premises, so you have to walk through the whole place. Okay to take your kids out of the house but don't have high expectations. Plus if it rains the walkways are a bit slippery!

3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear for the info. We had not gone there due to the haze at that time and were considering going there during the upcoming long weekend... now will have to think of other places to go as it does not seems worth it. I will visit once it is complete by the end of the year :) thanks again :)