Rithik born - 33weeks old

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by AnithaPartha, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

Congrats... and don't worry. God is great. Soon you and your hubby would be holding rithik on hands. God bless.

2. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ladies,

How are you all doing? Thanks a lot for all your lovely ideas & support.. I know you all will be eager to hear about our Rithik.. Last friday itself he was again changed to a different room.. Thats where he will be send home too.. We were happy to hear that from our nurse..

We were surprised to see that he is out of all below-
    1. No IV
    2. NO oxygen
    3. No bilirubins
    4. Wt gain - 4pounds 1oz(he picked up very well)..
    5. Head scan - normal
    Soon he will be placed in a open crib and soon he will be bottle fed seems.. his EDD is 14th :thumbsup. Am very very excited to get him home soon :cheers. Nurse told he picked up and recovered very well in a weeks time.. As a parents we were very happy to hear it.. Also, ladies I started taking his temperature daily, bathing:rotfl, diaper change, burping etc etc.. Today DH was talking to him keepin in his arms.. Soon we are planning to do Kangaroo care:):):).

DH was testing his eyes and all today.. Sounds crazy though.. Nurse told before discharge they will test his eye sight, hearing test etc etc.. Also, next week onwards I should be with rithik from morning to evening seems.. So am planning to take my lappie with me also take my parents for helping me.. Once he is bottle fed I should be with him seems.. If parents are with kids looks like they recover real quick.. Nurse was from India(kerala) so she gave me so many tips how to recover our Rithik sooner:thumbsup

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  3. AnithaPartha

dear vinodhi,

wow.. same like me.. Little relaxed.. and why was it a c-section? baby was not head down?
    luckily rithik was head down since 30w i think.. so doctor tried normal delivery than a c-section..

now he is doing very well.. DH is worried about his eyes and ears.. we do not have any history of ear problem in either of the family.. but still dh is worrried.. is it a normal test?? let me chk with nurse regarding this..

4. AnithaPartha

Dear Laks,

Thanks a lot dear.. Yup, he is doing great now.,. :)

5. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

congrats!! baby rithik is headed in the right direction!

eye and hearing test are part of standard discharge procedure from the hospital it seems. don't be surprised if they make u do a car seat check too. when aadit was discharged from nicu, they had us place him in the car seat inside the nicu, checked to see if we knew how to strap him in and then monitored his vitals for an hour while he was in the carseat. only then did they let us go home. so do some practice with the car seat before bringing him home!

6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats, Anitha. Looks like great news! I'm sure he'll be home before you know it! Eyes and ears are underdeveloped for micro-preemies, Anitha. At 33 weeks he is not a micro preemie, so his eyes and ears should not be underdeveloped.
    Btw, I was asked to start trying to nurse around this time. Check with the baby's ped if you can start nursing. When you are not around, they can always bottle feed him.

Regards,
    L

7. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Dear Anitha

CONGRATS

Please relax, I have seen many under weight and pre term babies doing so well after some months.
    Be happy and enjoy your post mother hood.

My kisses to Rithik, may god bless the little one,.

8. AnithaPartha

Thanks ladies.. :)

Rithik is now 4pounds and 2.2 oz
    He is kept in open crib now:thumbsup. His EDD is 22nd which makes me feel sad..
    Right now only issue is feeding.. Sometimes tube feeding which nurses are trying to stop it and slowly giving him bottle feeds..

Once he gets bottle feeds he will be home soon seems..

Quick question ladies - HE passed new Born hearing tests yday but they have put him like this - passed with risk(becoz he is in NICU more than 5 days).. Am little concerned about this.. After he passing they are askign him to come to hosp again in 1-3mon to do further testing.. is it required??? pls let me know ladies..

Also eyes test not taken yet..

9. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Hey, I have been searching for updates from you all over. Glad to know Rithik passed the hearing tests. I hope you get a clear answer from the hospital on why they want a repeat test.
    Yippee on the weight gain. Seconding Laks here, any reason why they are not asking you to bf him right now...

10. AnithaPartha

Dear Tikka,

So nice of you. Rithik is now 4pounds 3.8oz(he was 4p & 4oz during birth).. I think he will his birth wt sooner.. HE is really very active and good.. I give him bath, take his temp, change clothes & diaper and bottle feed him..

Nurse told me right now they have started bottle feeds along with tube feeding.. slowly he will be off from tube feed and they will start only bottle feeding seems.. am yt to do BF ing.. Coming weekend plannning to talk to lactician to know when I will bf him..

Reg, hear tests they told me since he is in NICU >5days they passed him but put him on high risk.. they will do contionuos check ups since it is NJ mandatory program for preemie babies seems.