Rithik born - 33weeks old

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by AnithaPartha, Nov 30, 2009.

1. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

Re: Baby boy arrived

hi anitha,
    nice to know that you have delivered a baby boy...i used to be worried for you when u post some health problems in Iam pregnant forum... wow girl u r a winner inspite all the problem u faced in your pregnancy... so count those blessing of God and be positive even now....

dont worry about the preterm birth u must be happy that u and u child are lucky to be in US, where hygiene and medical services are good and best... so just think of good things that you have in hand and tell the same to your husband..

2. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Congrats Anitha.

Baby Rithik will be fine and soon in your arms don't worry. Prayers for the speedy recovery.

You can go through the site kellymom for any issues on breastfeeding or any other issues.

Tikka should be able to help you with your queries. You can pop in your queries on the infants section.

All the best!

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Anitha - It is a set of articles I referred to written by Mom's who had preemies. I can't find the old ones but here is a set of articles that can help you. It has all the information about parenting babies in the NICU. These articles(esp the ones written by Moms giving their first hand experience, really helped a lot). Although most of these preemies are really smaller than your baby, the feeling is identical.

HTH,
    L

4. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Laks..
    Few updates from our baby.. Today Rithik gave us a surprise.. He is out of risk and is considered 'Intermediate' stage seems.. We were happy hearing the same.. HE is breathing by his own now.. 10% oxygen alone he is intaking which will be stopped sooner also.. Feeding done through tube into his mouth as of now.. today nurse kept him on my arms.. as a mother it was a lovely feeling.. DH was soo happy.. :)

but he was weighing just 3pounds & 14 ounzes only.. looked so tiny in my arms.. he took some snaps... nurse told he will gain wt due to feeding..

brain xray which was planned earlier was also stopped since he was doing okay like.. we saw him yawning.. hipcups.. then kicks.. were so sweet..

hairs were so nice... very soft and more hairs than his dad :rotfl

5. lakvishy

lakvishy Senior IL'ite

Congratulations :thumbsup to you and your hubby on your baby boy !

Take care & have a nice time.

Lakshmy V.

6. S Priya

S Priya Senior IL'ite

Hi Anitha,
    Congrats on the arrival of ur little one, Pre-mature babies are said to be very small, but they do need more attention and looked after, thats what my mom and grandma had told since my brother was also born premature. Dont worry! He will be alright soon and back home!
    Take care of yourself and Rithik.

7. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

Anitha that is such a good news. I am so happy for you guys. That must have been such a nice feeling to finally hold him. Nice you could see hiccups and kicks till now you were only feeling it.
    Congrats once again.:thumbsup

8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Great news, Anitha! It must have been exciting to hold him! Don't worry about his tiny gait, he will pick up soon.
    It's wonderful that he is able to breathe with the least amount of assistance. I'm sure the doctor decided to forgo the brain scan because of his progress. That is wonderful.
    Btw, as a new mom, you need to take care of yourself as well. I remember I barely felt like eating or sleeping but it is imperative that you relax. I know it is easy for me to say but once the baby gets home, you will need a LOT of energy to handle him and his needs so make sure you are well rested.

Regards,
    Laks

9. rmalathi

rmalathi Senior IL'ite

Congrats Anitha!

Don't worry. Relax and take ample rest while baby is still in the hospital so you will have enough strength to take care of him full time when he gets home.

Good luck!

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anitha,
    Hearty congrats on the new arrival. To one of our relative's twins were born prematurely and they are quite hale and hearty now. There is nothing to worry as the baby will be given at most care in the hospital.
    May God Bless Rithik and your family,
    Love,
    PS