Rithik born - 33weeks old

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by AnithaPartha, Nov 30, 2009.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot dear..
    i know as you were surprised all my jan club ladies were also shocked to hear the news !!

by gods grace rithi is picking up a lot.. see his avator & you can judge him :)

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

anitha i looove rithik's latest pic .. it's his "I am a prince and you may kiss my fingers and be blessed" pose :)

3. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

yes it is! congrats! aadit was drinking average of 560mls per day when 1 month old and 650 mls when he was 2 months old.

in response to another thread by you about meeting rithik's needs - I don't know if it applies to all kids but in the case of aadit, his milk intake stabalized at month 4. from month 4 to month 12 he drank an average of 750 mls per day. month 1 - 560, month 2 - 650, month 3 -710, and then month 4-12 - 750 mls. my milk supply also peaked at month 4 and stayed stable until my periods started, decreasing 10% with each period.

4. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

ho he is choo sweet take care ani have a nice day with him................

5. AnithaPartha

Pooja - Rithik is going to complete 2months.. He is taking 720mls per day. I think in his 3rd month he may need more... Worried about my supply now.. !!

6. shyl

shyl Senior IL'ite

Hi Anitha,
    Even my son is a premie born @34weeks. It appears that you did a good job with pumping your milk supply. Congrats!

I have been breast feeding my little one and also feeding couple ounces of formula just to ensure that my little one is getting enuf. However, its been 2weeks and now I would like to begin pumping so that I can increase the milk supply and eventually eliminate formula feeding if possible.

I have also brought medela swing pump. Can you please let me know your pumping routine and guide me through the schedule. I have started pumping for 2days only and hopefully my supply will also increase.

Thanks and appreciate your input.
    Shyl

7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Anitha:
    Just wanted to let you know that from pics you can see a big improvement (meaning weight gain) in Rithik. He is looking good. Kudos to you dear.

8. AnithaPartha

Thanks dear :)
    28th we will know his exact wt gain.. waiting eagerly :thumbsup

9. AnithaPartha

Shyl,

Congrats :)
    I have few questions before I can help you out-
    When was he born?
    Why giving formula? Is he crying after bf ing?
    How much mls milk are you getting during each pumping sessions?

I can very well help you out.. Few tips is that you can pump to increase levels but make sure your son also feeds on your B's once in a day to increase more milk.. Coz, nerves will get activated when LO s are sucking and it will send signal to brain in order to generate more milk.. try this out 1st

try to pump every 3-4 hrs once.. Drain B's completely... I was havng a very good supply of milk as soon as Rithik was born and now it is little reducing.. but i have stored my milk in freezer to give him in future.. pumping every 5-6 hrs atleast.. soon planning to join work and planning to pump @ wrk also

do let me know if anything else you want:)

10. shyl

shyl Senior IL'ite

Hi Anitha, Thankyou for your response. My son was born on Jan 11th and its almost 2 weeks. Since his birth, I have been latching him for BFing and then the doc adviced to feed him formula after every feed since he was very tiny and weighed 4.6lbs. He had an appt last week and he weight 5.1lbs. So overall ped is happy that the LO is gaining well. Now since I also got into the routine, I brought Medela Swing pump so that I could start pumping. I have only started pumping for 2 days and I only get 2ounces in the morning and about 1ounce for every other pumping session. I pump after my LO finishes BFing about 4 times during the day. I am planning to increase the #of attempts and duration. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Shyl