1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ripe!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Oct 26, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

It had been three years since Ravi came to that apartment complex for rent. He was young and had a nice and organized schedule for himself. Between 07.00 A.M. to 07.30 A.M., he walked on the treadmill which he placed in the balcony adjacent to his bedroom. Almost on all days, he could see an old man ["late sixties perhaps?", he asked himself] coming out of the small temple that lied just across the road.

It became one of the events in his daily life. Ravi wanted to meet the old man and have a small chat with him. He picked a sunday and went down quick. While standing outside the temple, waiting for the old one to come, he was wondering whether he would be received well or not. But his curiosity exceeded the fear of rejection, so he waited, trying to phrase some questions that he wanted to ask.

The old man came at 07.15 A.M. Ravi introduced himself and came to know that the old man's name was Narasimhan. "I am amazed by your regimen. For the past 3 years, I am seeing you at about the same time. I feel that you have a time-table for each day and you follow that closely. Isn't it?". Narasimhan smiled and said, "Thanks. But this is the only thing that I do on time, because prayer is the first thing that I devote time for!". Slightly disappointed, Ravi asked: "Oh! Nice to know. But to be frank with you, I don't believe in the existence of God. If you are not hurt, can I ask you just two more questions?". Narasimhan nodded.

"Have God always given you what you prayed for?", Ravi asked. "No! In fact I did not get most of those that I asked for!", Narasimhan said and continued, "Now, you are going to ask me, 'Then why are you still praying Him? '. Isn't it?". Ravi agreed. Narasimhan responded. "Yes, I don't get what I asked for, many times. But it may be due to the sheer reason that the time is not ripe enough. Besides, what He granted to me, which I complained earlier too, turned out to be better that what I asked for!". Ravi probed further: "May be, you are accepting a compromise without a fight. Isn't it?".

Narasimhan slowly said, "Yes! I feel that I have seen much for my age to act thus!".

2. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Yes Narasimhan's maturity made him take all the decisions of God Positively. I strongly believe in the point that whatever God gives me is the best at that time, f I am not getting something then it means that the time has not come for me to have it! He knows when to give what!

3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thats the crux of the story, Mathangi. Very happy to receive such a nice feedback from you. And kudos to your attitude. It might take me ages to get there. :) -rgs