1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rin versus Tide War

Discussion in 'TV' started by flowerlady, Mar 5, 2010.

1. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

The poor spectatators are being bombarded by the new Rin advt which runs down Tide detergent. Its really irritating as the advt is being repeated several times in a short span of time. The open warfare is for all to see.:hide:
    Wonder how Tide will react !

2. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

I also wonder how they can attack so openly. I dont remember tide advertising against rin. Can anybody share such an advertisement where tide spoke against rin

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

4. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

yeah in these many years i have never seen one company attacking the other along with the name:idea

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  5. shinimkumar

shinimkumar New IL'ite

i think you for got the same open war between complain and horlicks...it was one year back....

i think no one can't use the product name na...it must be of same company (some how they have relations)....they are promoting high value product for customers those who bought little high product....

also they will promote tide in different way those who wants the cheaper one.....like horlicks and complain

6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

There is a law not to compare openly 2 brands while advertisements. This has been for a while and that is the reason there was never such an AD before. But.... In this case, Tide is an universal brand and Rin, a local. Rin's legal team would have found some loopholes to overcome this law and thus the comparison Ad's I think.

7. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Apart from being unethical the frequency of the advt is also irritating. But both Rin and Tide caught our attention !

8. karunamurty

karunamurty Bronze IL'ite

Hello Flower Lady,
    I agree with you 100 % . The ad seems to come up every few seconds in most channels.
    A few yrs ago (or should i say months) showing the competition among rival companies was subtle.
    Ads were decently projected to the spectators. The name of the rival company on the soap cake or pouch wasnt shown either it was blocked deliberately or plain graphics were used. But now it seems to be open warefare. The companies are blatantly showing the rival company's product to prove that their product is better than theirs. In the process it is in another matter that both the products gain footage (at our cost).

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

There was the same type of ads from Horlicks some time back. Now even Horlicks markets a drink to make a person taller.

10. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

The first thing that came to mind seeing the ad was that it was like an open attack by RIN on Tide, not necessarily to mislead customers on the contents of the products but to place RIn as a better brand in terms of whiteness than Tide. Such was ones earlier seen for Pepsi. Infact I moved from Tide to RIN in this month.