1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

right handling of MIL and DIL relationship

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by malligashivaram, Dec 20, 2009.

1. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

":cheers] HI RESH FEDU AND MAGGI your expressions of your personal experience give so many other inter tied problems, especially about sharing our heart with in laws brings backfiring and hurting, in any occasions they seem fit to critize in order to hurt or belittle DIL.
    But dont we DIL do the same thing when aroused or accused or made fun of., it is more a feminine characteristic,WE ARE GENERALLY SOFT CARING HOPEFUL PEOPLE, ONCE AROUSED, WE ARE FAMOUS FOR OUR JEALOUSY., SENSITIVENESS AND VANITY---WHICH LEADS TO OTHER TYPE OF REACTIONS, WE ARE UNABLE TO HANDLE ANXIETY, WE HURT EASILY,AS WE ARE SENSITIVE, WE FEAR EASILY TOO---THEN STARTS OUR SCHEMING IDEAS, WE TAKE ADVANCE OF OTHERS OR SHOW OUR DOMINANCE BY OVERDOING.. WHAT WE IN NORMAL STATUS WOULD NOT HAVE DONE.
    Dont feel iam criticizing our own gender, it is IN not our basic feminine inbuilt character that god has made us so. that we do our duties naturally and easily, handling family responsibilities and looking after family and job whenever necessary. it is a tall order.for generations and generations we have been doing this well, and we will continue to do this........

THE SAME MOTHER WHO WAS A' GOD' TO YOU ALL SUDDENLY TURN VILLAINS, IN EACH ONE WRITING THEIR MOTHER IS LOVING AND SENSIBLE WHO TOOK UP SO MUCH OF EFFORTS TO BRING US UP SUDDENLY TURN DEVIL INCARNATE, THIS IS DIFFICULT TO ANSWER UNTIL AND UNLESS WE THINK RATIONALLY. NEARLY EVERY HOUSE HAS A BOY AND A GIRL, OR TWO GIRLS, OR TWO BOYS ,AS LONG AS THEY ARE CHILDREN WE NEED OUR PARENTS LOVE, CARE, AND ATTENTION ,TO BRING US UP.,ONCE GROWN UP CHILDREN DON'T NEED US, BUT WE ARE THE SAME MUMS, SUDDENLY ONE FINE DAY EVERY DIL SEE THEM AS VILLAINS AND NOT AS A HUMAN BEING WITH ALL THE IMPERFECTION WHICH CAN BE TOLERATED OR BORNE. IN THE SAME HOUSE DAUGHTER, SAYS HER MOTHER IS 'GREAT 'AND DIL SAY SHE IS' INTOLERABLE',------IT IS BECAUSE OF OUR IDEA OF MOTHER IS DIFFERENT ACCORDING TO THEIR MOTHER WE COMPARE AND MAILY FIND FAULTS, AND DONT LOOK AT HER 'SOME GOOD QUALITIES' IF WE SEARCH WE CAN FIND SOME IN EVERY MIL I THINK.
    You girls must be thinking that i must have had an understanding and loving MIL whatever you all said, she had DONE IT TOO, i used to get angry frustrated and what, not because, they cant treat us as' daughters 'one fine day she did not give birth to us or' brought 'up us so she she does not feel our pain like our mothers do, what are mother for, it was her duty, this is a relationship with it comes adjustment,t frustrations, and in the end we start to' just keep quiet 'why make trouble'. we should try to see any of her good qualities we look deep enough we find some and forgive and forget, this is for people having not such a bad relationships for the very bad ones try to move out if possible. meeting occasionally.

I heard a saying when i was in school''girls treat friendship like glass keeping it so carefully that it breaks finally, boys treat friendship like a football and kick it around and it returns to them bouncing back.''
    WE TAKE SO MUCH CARE THAT NOT TO DO ANYTHING WRONG ALWAYS SENSITIVELY AWARE THAT SMALL THINGS DISTURBS US AND WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ACCEPT IT. NOWDAYS GIRLS ARE BOLD BEAUTIFUL RATIONAL AND INTELLEGENT THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH THEM THEY ARE VERY SENSITIVE THEY HURT EASILY NOT USED TO DIFFICULT TIMES AS WE WERE THEY ARE MORE LOVED SO T HEY AND MORE SENSITIVE.:bonk UNABLE TO HANDLE DIFFERENT OPINIONS OF THE AGED AND PREVIOUS GENERATIONS . THIS CHARACTER HAS TO BLEND WITH THE OLDER GENERATIONS WHO DID NOT HAVE YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPOSURE THEY NEED TO BE TAUGHT TO SEE YOUR POINT OF VIEW WHICH I THINK THEY CANNOT ACCEPT.LIFE IS NOTHING BUT ADJUSTING AND TOLERATING DIFFERENT VIEW POINTS IN SCHOOL,HOME,COLLAGE JOB , MARRIAGE CHILDREN, IN LAW AND THE BALL OF ADJUSTMENT KEEPS ON ROLLING LIKE TIME.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  2. vshnvr

vshnvr New IL'ite

(IN THE SAME HOUSE DAUGHTER, SAYS HER MOTHER IS 'GREAT 'AND DIL SAY SHE IS' INTOLERABLE',------IT IS BECAUSE OF OUR IDEA OF MOTHER IS DIFFERENT ACCORDING TO THEIR MOTHER WE COMPARE AND MAILY FIND FAULTS, AND DONT LOOK AT HER 'SOME GOOD QUALITIES' IF WE SEARCH WE CAN FIND SOME IN EVERY MIL I THINK.)
    i absolutely agree wth u malliga..hats off to your GREAT WRITE UP....what allllll u said is definetly TRUE FACTS...but no one should accept it...its human nature as they will ask who will take initiative to adjust nd tolerate ,dil or mil??thats EGO.......but one thing is certain that each nd every one gets peace in ones life if we do cooperate as much as with our family members, be they sil,dil fil or mil.....mainly it depends upon our attitudes...as i told u earlier,we dont complain abt a teacher when he punishes but at the same time we complain abt mil if there is even a small spelling mistake...so in my view you dont take it seriously nd try ur best to avoid such situations ...here you need patience to be calm..you dont have to miss anything by coming down instead you get a litl relief when you realize that you didnt do anything wrong nd as a result you can sleep that day without any guilty feeling..am i right?i think most of you should have experienced this...peace of mind is the first imp thing in our entire life when compared to anything else...
    so to achieve this, i too repetedly say ALWAYS TEACH OUR MIND TO FOLLOW GOOD PATIENCE ,COMPROMISE nd ADJUSTMENT whenever you need them which will always STAY YOU IN TOUCH WITH YOUR inlaws,siblings or neighbours as well ....only nd only then one will be a good dil to her mil nd one will also be a good mil to her dil ...time will prove this if you hav lots of above mentioned qualities...all the best...:)

vaishnavi