1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Right Age for Swimming

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Honeytha, Sep 23, 2007.

1. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Hi ,
    My daughter has been going for swimming when she turned 1.She is doing great for her age and she is accompanied by my DH.The individual classes start at 3.She mostly does kicking legs, climbing, monkey walk and going under the water with the help of instructor.
    Thanks
    Mangai

2. Raanivi

Raanivi New IL'ite

I read somewhere here someone asking for swimming classes in Vadapalani area/Arcot Road.

People could check out V V International's swimming classes in Vadapalani. Its on Bajanai Koil Street, the road facing Padmaram Kalayana Mandapam, erstwhile Ram Theatre, a famed landmark on Arcot Road, Vadapalani.

Another one is the League club on 100 Ft Road, near Vadapalani junction.

The best of all is the Green Park Hotel swimming camp, which is sadly being held only during summer hols for kids. Its in 'a nothing like that ambience' and such a clean and superb pool.

The hotel authorities are getting repeated requests from residents around to make it a round the year affair. Perhaps you too can prevail on them for a fast action! Arcot Road Times » Grand finale to swimming camp at Vadapalani hotel check out this site....

You could post queries on Arcot Road area, which I may try and give you some info...

3. my3niki

my3niki New IL'ite

hi,
    my daughter is 21/2 yrs old and i have put her in swimming anbd she is doing fine... i work in a school and in our school we have a kids pool and a big pool for 3 days she was in the kids pool but now she is in the big pool.. it is better to put the child early when they dont have fear for water than later.... from day 1 she didnt have fear of water which im so happy.... but if decide to put them in swimming like 4 yrs which is recommended they r at an age to understand things and so develop a fear which is what happened to my niece who is 5 years old....