Right age for Daycare

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Hyderabad' started by sharon ganesh, Mar 30, 2011.

1. sharon ganesh

sharon ganesh New IL'ite

Hello Everybody,

What would be the right age to send a kid for daycare. My son's D.O.B is 25/07/2009. I am planning to send for Daycare on Vijayadasami. Hence he will join L.K.G by 3 yrs. He is also quite tall for his age.

Please help in deciding whether I should start K.G from 3 yrs / 4 yrs.

Any mom's for July Born Baby - share ur experience.

2. samraa

samraa Bronze IL'ite

Hello Sharon,
    your little one will be 2+ by october,the kids are usually ready to go to a day care by 2.a child learns maximum between the ages of 0-5[according to research.]by two and a half he can go to preschool.at 3 you can put him in nursery.but do not forget to teach him small things like eating on his own,asking for help if he needs, using the potty,etc,this will only help him furthur.

3. sharon ganesh

sharon ganesh New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply. i am little worried as he is tall and if joins school by 4 yrs wont he be behind(like back bencher). Coz i am tall and was always in the last bench and know that boys are always upto mischief.

4. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

School has thier rules regading admission for LKG. So you really have to follow the rules.

In my place it used to be 2.5 to 3.5 - Nursery , 3.4 - 4.5 - LKG.

He can be placed in Day care now as he is around 2.5 , he may enjoy having children around him.

5. gasa

gasa New IL'ite

Hi
    my daughter is born in sept 2009. I started her day care in feb 2011 she is adjusting well.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011