1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ridiculously-nasty

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sita2223, Jan 17, 2011.

1. njsa

njsa Senior IL'ite

i am a silent reader here and like to share one story among thousand to share with u.

after my marriage when ever i stay inside our bedroom talking with my hubby,my MIL wait out side and as soon as i come out she go inside and LOCK the door and talking with my hubby(her son).if i stay little long she knock the door and telling me to do some work in kitchen.

also now as i living in abroad,during our vacation 4 days we stayed in my parents home.but MIL with my 2 SILaws who still not married also came and stayed with us coz she dont like we staying in my parents home alone..and 2 days she slept in the room which arranged for me and my hubby to sleep.my hubby slept on the bed and she on the floor while i went and slept with outside with my sister.my H was angry and 3rd day said Mil to go and sleep where SIL's are sleeping.
    she do many things like this but this two are special which make me really laugh.:rotfl

2. samraa

samraa Bronze IL'ite

my mil did a few nasty things too-in the beginning.she would keep pestering me to ask my parents for more property,money and expensive gifts in the absence of my FIL and DH. no amount of explanations worked- her sattires and sarcastic comments went on for about two years.then one day ,we were travelling together,mil,fil,my dd and me.-i brought up the topic and she tried to change it-i insisted that my fil should know and i wanted to talk about it.my fil got so disgusted and asked her to shut up-this finally brought an end to my dowry issues.she didn't dare to bring up these topics with my co-sis. my mil is genuinely fond of me now.she goes about telling everyone that ,even though i am frank,i am good to her and treat her well .while my co-sis is faaltoo......my fil too openly tells everyone,that his elder dil[me] is the best.it makes me proudand i definitely love them more now.

3. nileleo

nileleo New IL'ite

My hubby's cousin's wife likes to copy others i mean every thing what she has in her house is copied. when we went to visit them (Connecticut) i wore white chiffon kurti (no lining on the sleeves) with blue jeans.The next day she wore same combination white top with blue jeans and she was asking me where did you buy that top from.She thought I bought it from sears or kohls .I told her its kinda custom made i really like the material but the shop keeper did not have enough (so i could not make salwar kameez) Instead i made kurti. My husband over heard our conversation and told me next time wear sleeve less top lets see if she can pull that off.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  4. nileleo

nileleo New IL'ite

I have few more stories.
    I am from Pune so my diet consists of chapati im not a big fan of rice and my husband is from Andhra.But my hubby likes chapati and avoids rice (he is trying to reduce his tummy) and my father in law really gets angry and tells me always how can you make my son eat chapati every day (at the back of my head i was thinking be grateful its chapati not poison)

Now a days my mother in law does not make morning breakfast at home she buys it from tea shop (the road side ones) and she bought garelu (medu vada ) and idli.I dont like to eat road side food on daily bases.That too i don't know what type of oil they are using and from hygienic point of view its not good. So i was only eating idli my father in law told me eat this garelu (vada) i told him no.to that my FIL says Maharashtra people are very lazy they don't do physical work thats why they don't eat oily food we andhra people work hard that's why we eat oily food.I did not say any thing to him and i told my hubby all the five figures of your hands are not same there are lazy and hard working people every where in every culture.

I don't drink tea.Never in my life i tasted tea.I know how to prepare tea just mix every thing and boil.when i got married i asked my hubby do you want me to make tea for you every day in the morning he said no i dont want to get addicted to caffeine and why prepare tea just for 1 person. when we went to my in laws place FIL asked me to make tea as my mother in law was not at home and he had some guests .I went in the kitchen and prepared tea and called my husband to check the taste.My hubby got angry and told me why cant you check i told him i dont know how tea is suppose to taste.to that he got more angry and told me when we go home you will make tea every day. I said who will drink he did not have answer to that

MIL asked her son to get magic jack for her.I thought ok now we need not spend money on ph calls.But to my surprise they are not using Magic jack and we have to call them.I asked my hubby why they are not using magic jack hubby did not reply. Yesterday my hubby was talking over the ph with his friend and was telling him take magic jack with you i gave my parents and they call me (and i was sitting right in front of him) i could not say any thing so i just started coughing (fake one) hubby understood and started smiling.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  5. iyerponnu

iyerponnu Gold IL'ite

Harini, I think you are right.... I should be thankful for small mercies....:bowdown
    The things they say sometimes simply takes the cake, doesn't it !!
    :biglaugh

Mythili

6. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

My Sil1 doesnt live with her in-laws & her hubby and its like this from her 2nd month of marriage , she says her hubby is not good , her mil is not good , I completely understand ...

Just few days ago , I dont know for what reason my FIL got angry and was shouting at her(SIL1) to go back to her in-laws and for how long are they going to prolong this issue & live like this( By the way its been 4years since they got married & it was a love marriage). He started saying ,wife & husband should stay together no matter what , if she has problems with her in-laws then she & her hubby should either stay separately away from her in-laws or live with them(with my in-laws). But live together no matter what.

Now he started pointing us , he was like coz of us he is loosing his respect coz we are living sep from them & no matter how many problems comeup (i.e between MIL & Me or others and ME or any such problem ) we should stay with them and ordered us to come back to them. I just said to myself "gr8 papaji , you have one rule for your daughter & another for your SON":bonk

7. sitara1

sitara1 Bronze IL'ite

hypocrites :crazy

8. rms1

rms1 New IL'ite

Such a hypocrite:rant people

@ srajitha

In your previous post u mentioned your SIL once slapped you, why didn't you slapped her back and why even you and your dh talk to such people?? Sorry if I sound rude, but I cant forgive such people. However I know we have to deal such ppl while we have no option, but once a person is dropped down from my heart, they will never get a second chance to make their place again even if they become saints. Seriously if I have no option but to deal with them, I will, but emotionally they means nothing to me. I cant even drop a tear if those ppl die who hurt me badly in my life.

If your dh is on your side than you can always cut off with them totally....

9. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

Hi rms1 ,Yes she slapped me & used all abusive language towards me .... I shouldnt be talking to her but cant help ,at the end of the day its my hubbies sister and he loves them a lot , he feels sad if I behave just like them, and even I feel the same what big diff is it going to make if I break any contact with them so be with them and show them there mistakes ... I dont know if thats the way it should be done but thats what I feel.

of-course Devil in me feels happy if something wrong happens to them

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  10. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Same goes to me. :cheers

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011