1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ridiculously-nasty

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sita2223, Jan 17, 2011.

1. reshsabu

reshsabu Gold IL'ite

When I quit my job in India to join DH, my initial plan was to look for a job and then plan for a baby. But my MIL and SIL were quite pushy that I must have the baby right away. Anyway, what was meant to happen did and I had the baby. Now to bridge my break in career I have decided to do my Masters. I have been preparing GRE and Toefl along with single-handedly taking caring of the baby for the past 1 yr .

Now, I have applied for Masters and am awaiting results and plan to start studying if I get an admit. Now that I am all set to start studying, suddenly, out of nowhere my MIL and SIL has started advising us to have a 2nd baby. My SIL especially has been advising my DH at length how important it is to have the 2nd baby and that NOW is the right time. It is very obvious that she just wants to thwart my plans to do Masters.The funniest thing is that my SIL who is advising at length about having a second child herself has only one child and doesnt have plans to have more :).

2. semaphore

semaphore Senior IL'ite

nice thread.

When my mil was here to visit us in US, one evng I made chicken kebab. My son was about 6 mnths old. My mil asked me to give kabab to baby. i was perplexed to hear that since he didnt have teeth and give him fried chicken! I was quite.

my DH laughly loudly and said 'Ma, he's still baby'. Guess what mil said, 'We use to give sis's (my sil) son, chicken when he was 5 mnths old'. Much funny when DH denied it and laughed louder.

I had laugh too but quieter ! :)

3. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

See , people are thinking that they are the cleverest of all and others don't have brain to even understand their cunningness. Don't argue instead just act opposite to their words.That would be a good lesson for them.

4. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Oh my God, couldn't stop laughing.I am hearing it for the first time in my life.:rotfl

5. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

This is an interesting thread. Here is a good story:

After DS was born, my ILs came to see him. He was about 4 months old. One day, she grabbed him from my arms just as I was going to take him to my room to BF. He immediately started wailing, turning red in the face. My mil said " What a temper tantrum! He has certainly not taken my son's meek personality!" DH laughed and said "Ma, he is 4 months old not 2 years and he is hungry."

Another time she was talking with her sister on the phone and she was describing her grandson (my DS). Now, my son looks exactly like my mom - a carbon copy (so also like me but he is lighter complexioned than I am). Everyone knows it and has aknowledged it from day 1. My mil said on the phone "His body shape is like his father but the face looks like some stranger on the street - very bizarre". I muttered to myself in the kitchen ''Yup. he looks like our milkman. No wait, we don't have one!". What else to do but laugh it off???

6. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Here's one for you.

My DH bought 2 expensive salwars for me when we last went to India (5k each). My SIL was with us and the look on her face said it all as to what she thought about dh's purchases. We went home and I showed the clothes to my MIL. Few days later as I was packing up for our return trip, the dupattas of these 2 salwars were no where to be found. MIL and SIL told me I must have thrown them out with the bags or something :rant.

I came home with a heavy heart that 2 of my suits were not wearable. After coming back here, DH asked me why I was not wearing the suits and I told him the dupattas were misplaced. He got really pissed off and called up him mom and sister and asked them to "find them asap". 2 days later, they called us back with the news the dupattas had been "found". I asked them to courier them to my mom who then bought them here for me.

Had it not been for dh I would never have gotten the dupattas back :bowdown

7. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

that was a slap in her face :) .... your son's looks :rotflso she could not deal with it ... but u had a good attitude too ... kudos!

8. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

I had a good time reading the posts.thanks girls.:biglaugh

9. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

Sometimes their stupid plans are so obvious and transparent. Glad that you saw right through their negative intentions masked as caring suggestions. DILs studying further is something that ILs, esp SIL, seem to fear. Thats why I never told my ILs that I am currently studying.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  10. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

Here's one -
    In the recession period when people are trying to hold on to their jobs in US, my MIL suggested DH that he should look for job in India that is part time in India and part time in US (whatever that means) :crazy. DH brushed it aside. Then she indirectly suggested to plan for baby saying 'some far away relatives are asking about pregnancy news, so we should think about it'.... yeah right :biglaugh