1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ridiculously-nasty

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sita2223, Jan 17, 2011.

1. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

:rotfl :rotfl

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  2. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

Ever since my DH and I started ignoring SIL's dramas, not arguing with her, she started putting up comments on social networking sites that she doesn't respect a guy who doesn't respect his parents (act like a puppet) ... or that she wants to marry a guy who respects and loves 'his' parents very much ... ... but in reality, she rejected prospective grooms saying they were too caring for their parents :bonk. All these comments are meant to make her brother (my DH) react angrily. Luckily, she doesn't know the meaning on 'subtle'... her actions are so transparent that they seem silly, DH and I usually laugh them off. :crazy

Anyone else face similar situations where ILs negative intentions made you laugh.

3. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Okay, I'll post the baap of all ridiculous things...

My ILs always gave utmost importance to education. Their son is highly educated. They wanted a son-inlaw who is also highly educated no matter what...they were also very particular about looks, age etc. One match came along...the guy doesnt match up to the 'requirements' in any way...BUT he is wealthy... suddenly everything has changed and the whole family is 'fida' on him... hehehhee.... I find it sooo funny when MIL goes on and on about that guy...like he has a bmw (in the US) and how much property he has etc etc....

4. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Reverie, please stop picking on ASG. She was telling a funny story and there is no need to take it any other way!

ASG speaking of your MIL, seems that she has gotten over her craziness :) ... it's good to see that you are getting fond of her .. or atleast appreciating her good qualities :)

5. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Yeah actually she has been a lot less crazy recently. I don't know if you read it on another thread, but I had said it there.... that my mil went to stay with her sister for a while. My mil's sister has a son who just got married to a girl.... and the girl is NUTS. She bit her husband, tried to scratch his eyes out (he had to be rushed to the doctor) then she destroyed her wedding dress, and when cops came to sort it out, she was lounging around on the couch waching a movie, while this guys face was gushing blood. :bonkThis girl wouldn't cook, wouldn't clean, didn't want to go to work, etc. To top it off she has filed false case against him. After witnessing that, my mil has been SUPER nice to me. Like, calling me up to talk, and she sounds very genuine. In fact my mil was even bragging to her sister that I'm the BEST cook and that I take care of her son (my dh) so well that she doesn't even have to worry about him. When I heard about that, I felt so proud. I'm really glad I've finally been able to impress my mil. :thumbsup

2 people like this.
  6. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

:thumbsup

Even I am eager to bond with my MIL, but that wont be possible as long as she is under her daughter's (the evil SIL) control. Although whatever little bonding we have now, I think, is positive.

7. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Sita, even I have a sil who is not too fond of me. :hide: Don't get caught up in what OTHERS are saying about you to mil. Just show her the REAL YOU. Eventually in time she may start to appreciate the good qualities in you. It took a long time for my mil to like me. A long, long, long time filled with lots of insults and drama. And I think the only thing that changed my mil's mind was the incident with her sister's dil. I feel like I owe that other dil a big THANK YOU. :rotfl

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2011
  8. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Wow ASG..now you have started to defend your MIL! I just pray that all the previous nasty episodes end, she understands your good nature and gives you the love and respect you deserve.

9. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

Ah!! finally this thread is back to normal :bowdown

ASG, the sad part is MIL/FIL are so much in SIL's control that whatever I talk, MIL carries everything to SIL and dear-evil-SIL hatches crooked plans to screw us :rant. I am so fed up and finally gave up.

Anyways, :hiya coming to the ridiculously-nasty things ... SIL sends ridiculous emails to DH/me just to provoke us into reacting. If we react, she will be entertained... instead, the joke is on her... we laugh at her emails and don't react, thus not entertaining her. :rotfl

10. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

haha it would be funny if it were not a serious problem!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011