1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ridiculously-nasty

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sita2223, Jan 17, 2011.

1. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

On a lighter note, let's share the ridiculously-nasty things our dear in-laws do, making us wonder if we should be mad at them or laugh out loud. :confused2:

2. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

I'll go first.
    Recently my ILs gave my DH a cell number he could reach them on, saying that this number was 'explicitly' to receive calls from US, ie. just from DH. What's ridiculous is, whenever DH calls this number, the ringtone plays a movie song that literally translates to "i have no mother, have no father, have no sister or brother, i m a loner..." :bonk :biglaugh

DH and I laugh about it, but wonder what are they trying to pull... I guess since DH is not their puppet, they want to taunt him whenever he calls them. :crazy

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
    2 people like this.
  3. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

About a month ago my mil called us up to see if we were 'ok'. When we asked what was wrong... she said it was snowing heavily all over EUROPE so traffic was really bad, stores were shut down and she was worried about us.

My dh was speachless. Finally he told her, "But mom..... we live in the U.S."

:rotflIt was too funny. My mil must have got confused and thought FLORIDA was part of Europe or something. She did not even understand what continent we are living on. Ahahahahaha. :biglaugh Me and dh both had a good laugh.... it was so bizarre!

4. billybob

billybob Gold IL'ite

Very smart and funny ring tone

5. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

sita is it a telugu ringtone from eknirajan?

reverie
    that was a joke and i guess when you find something funny you will laugh

6. asuitablegirl

we weren't laughing at her like "haha what an idiot". We just thought it was such a funny mistake, considering the two continents are thousands of miles apart.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2011
  7. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

:rotfl It's sweet in a way.

Ya it is :biglaugh

:spin Yeah!! Good guess, have you ever heard that ringtone yourself?
    My dear in-laws' other cell phones have nice ringtones... it seems this song is explicit for the cell phone they maintain explicitly for US calls, in other words, just for DH. :bonk

8. asuitablegirl

Sita, there's more funny bloopers and my mil freely shares them. My mil has a lot of negative points, but one of her very positive points is she has a light hearted sense of humor and is not afraid to laugh at herself. One of her favorite stories to tell (which she has told about 1000 times :crazy) is the time she was cooking something at home in a pressure cooker. And she stuffed the cooker with so much food and so much water, that the lid flew off and the entire contents of the cooker shot out like a geyser and went all over the kitchen ceiling and her and the maid were shrieking and running around in circles. :rotflI guess if my mil IS a God, the kitchen isn't her kingdom (or at least not that one time). :)

9. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

I have heard a similar story from my MIL too...And Kitchen is definitely not my MIL's territory:rotfl...
    I enjoyed reading through this thread! :)

10. asuitablegirl

Actually my mil is a good cook, it was just that one incident where the pressure cooker went haywire. This reminds me of another crazy story about my mil. Her and fil used to live in a small village in gujurat for their 'retirement'. My mil LOVES meat... chicken, lamb, beef, ANYTHING meaty. Well, the neighbors were all strict vegetarian and used to shun her and spread bad rumors about her because they didn't like how she was buying meat and bringing it home to cook. Eventually she got annoyed with the gossipers. Her kitchen had a window, so whenever she saw neighbors or people from outside looking in and giving a bad look, she would hold up the meat she was cooking like a battle trophy, as if to say 'screw you' I will eat whatever I want to eat. Now they live just a little south of bombay, so no longer have those same neighbors.