1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Revolution L<3VE

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by strangerrr, Feb 14, 2012.

1. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

She was wearing a dark rose colour dress; panic struck in her face; moving clueless; “appaa appaa” her voice stammered & helplessly shouting in her mobile“appa, akkaa is trying to run away with him from the temple, she is not listening me, I could not stop her, do something pa! do something!

The scene we saw as we waited for two more of our friends to get in our vehicle during our get together trip last week. The people in our group tossed random comments. One said that the pair was a mismatch; another suggested what the people gathering around should have done. “It’s a mokka plan baas” one among us expressed his disappointment, how the plan was imperfect.
    Imperfect plan?
    ---

Friends gathered in our shared accommodation were planning that so called perfect plan. Just couple more exams left in our UG final semester. Few of my friends were disappointed that I was quiet & not giving any inputs to them. The plan for 7 days seems okay for me, but what after that; Friends reminded me that I am rude & not sensitive to others feeling as ever as I asked some questions on their plan.

Friends gathered at a temple, which was outside the city – the boy arrived – the girl arrived – the priest tried to explain that this marriage would not be helping them legally – my friend made some flimy dialogues – marriage over – they been transported to a hamlet, which none could guess. The perfect plan was executed.

With the political influence that the girl side had and little sentiment drama by the girl’s mom, the police traced them down within 3 days. The police kept us busy during those days. The planners consoled them they did their best for that friend & certified themselves as ideal friends.

Friends, you call yourself to him; why don’t at least one of you think of his meek parents” his mom asked us in broken voice. Everyone blamed the one, who insists to go & meet him at his home post his home return. His parents even then didn’t raise their voice against their only child. We had our farewell party same evening. Once it started, we almost start forgetting him.

Less than 3 months later, I received call that the guy died in an accident (??), a lorry ran over him.
    All this I was thinking as noise – pulling each other’s legs – fun going around as our vehicle was speeding.
    ---

I should call it’s just a mere coincidence as the friend who informed me about the death is the same friend I called few days before to check on some details and rent of vehicle, as he was running an travels earlier. After the initial conversation, he tried to do my mom´s job “marketing Marriage”. He explained how his life took a turn around when he married at the age of 22, etc... etc.. etc… But, what he categorically avoid telling me was the fact he was forced to marry his 4th girl friend, when she got pregnant.
    ---

Posting a blog on Feb 14th & with such title, am I suppose to start it with a greeting “happy valentine’s day” to any of the above three kind of love pairs? Would Father Valentine have helped these pair, if he was alive during this era? My understanding about Father Valentine is all he helped the roman soldiers to get married during the reigns of King Gladius II, who banned marriage of his solider, as he believed that it would make them to lose interest in war.

A nice line which I read in one of the IL blogs earlier this month:

I really wonder if we, the modern day (or the post modern day as some would call) lovers understands love in the right sense. Somehow we let the meaning of this action verb “LOVE” dilute; Love, the single action bundle with many values. We let most of the values for cheap purpose.

Most people may not agree, if we say love should have a purpose. But my POV is both the lovers together shall determine the where they want to take their love at the very beginning; which should obviously marriage, a detailed SWOT analysis of their love, all way to try & make achieve the purpose. If the objective of the relationship seems different, better shall use some other term for it.

To me it’s alright to have commercialized V-day, what all we going to lose is, buying a greetings or gift worth Rs. 30 for Rs. 150 – eating in a restaurant which slams you with X% extra taxes, without considering which income group we are in. But these are fine only if the lover’s are honest and their love is genuine.

Genuine love doesn’t need a PHYSICAL proof or PHYSICAL ACT of confirmation. Let we not make a gender debate that who makes the other victim or a discussion agenda what wrong when it’s consensual.

It’s more important to win the war than conquering a battle.

Love is a battle; but life is a war.

So it’s okay if we don’t conquer a battle (after fighting honestly & giving our best). But at the same time, we should be having minimum damage to us as we go ahead with the other battles of the war. Guilt would definitely hurt us big; people these days regret for failing to arm them to avoid this hurt.

After saying all this, I won’t allow you blame our generation on the whole. We are known for our trial & errors; the very concept which gave lot success in other verticals of life. We are just explored to new and adverse conditions unlike most our predecessor. Its only we know how much guilt, hurt & tears we got in this battle, which we are hiding each day as we keep fighting other battles of the war called life.
    We are confused, if what we see & observe, learn & read are validated. After all, even the bestselling authors of my nation, in each of their novels narrates that it’s okay for to be in bed with an opposite gender before marriage. It had even evolved to an extent doesn’t matter if it’s more than one.

As we speak of revolution in education, corporate, politics, etc. We need a revolution in our personal being, which includes our ideology about the love.
    · This revolution may not make our parent’s option count but being honest to them and to honor them.
    · This revolution should teach us patience against all irresistible, premature & premarital acts.
    · This revolution should make us discipline & behave with dignity in public places.
    · Even if this revolution leads us to saying a blind NO to love prior marriage, as a matter of playing it safe.

If you are reading this, you should either have one of the following thought about this blog:
    It’s written by some one side lover in envy or some gut-less & old fashioned lover unlike the modern day lover; or
    Concurring with me may not be all what I wrote, but the most; may not be as an individual but as a parent that we need the revolution love & need it now; if not, Feb 14th is more vulnerable of being April 1st before April.

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Stranger,

I have always said that all these 'days' that we have come to celebrate are all over-commercialized, but to some extent i do like it and feel that it is alright if we can get the essence of it correctly.

I believe that V-day should certainly be about love, not about lovers as such. Love between any two being can be celebrated, parent-child, husband-wife, lovers, and friends. It should be about celebrating the joy of being together and acknowledging the value of the other person in our life, and should not be about just lovers and physical intimacy.

A thought-provoking post dear.

Lets all have a more mature and sensible V-day this year!!

Happy Valentine's Day

Akila

ps. no you don't sound like a one-side lover in envy or some gut-less & old fashioned, but as a very matured sensible human. You rock dear!!

3. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Akila, what kind of comment/fb is this?

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

he he... that is to ensure that i get to post the first fb :)

it is to hold the place yaar :)

5. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the FB & Appreciation Akila!

"neenga towel poduringa nu thaan naanum guess pannninain" (as how people do in town bus in TN) but just now got a slap from one of my friend for writing this, so thought this could be one such from you too...

Thanks once again :)

6. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

:2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

and a BowBowto these lines.. I Agree with u

7. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

thanks for dropping in with the comment & your questions paathasaari!!!

:)

8. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the thumps ups pallavi!

9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

It is a great blog from a young man with deep thoughts on character building. A good character is real power. What you do when no one is watching is our real character. What we do should be satisfying to us, should not make us feel guilty and afraid of others. To the extent possible, should not adversely affect the life of others.

The revolution you are calling for is called "Self Revolution" seeking the good nature in each person. It is not only for people celebrating V day but also for people who don't. It is not only about true love before marriage and it is also about true love after the marriage. Waiting for V day to express love is like waiting for the waves to settle down so that we could have a dip in the ocean. We should express love every day to our near and dear ones.

If we like to express our love for other to understand, we show it through communication and if we like to feel the love and want other person to feel the love, we need to show it in our action. A simple act of sending flowers makes one understand and feel the love so much. I am a believer that true love is much beyond just a physical attraction between a man and woman. Love flourishes when we optimize that aspect of love.

Viswa

10. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

thanks for your detailed & enlighting comment as usual seasoned with life philosophy.