Revisiting Namrup, Assam

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by SeuliB, May 5, 2009.

1. mridupawan

mridupawan New IL'ite

Hi Seuli,
    Here are some more photographs from our school.

Well there are certain changes in the markets. Like you can see two more markets inside the township. One being established at the Noga Dalang in between the Rock Crushing factory of Manoj/Madhuri Yadav's family and on the way to the Fertilizer factory. This market is open since morning thru noon. Price of the vegetables in this market is abit cheap and fresh.

Then the sunday market is being shifted from the place opposite to the SBI to the place opposite to the RCE/GM's bungalows on the road to the station, i.e. right from the place opposite to the stretch from Gautam Chaliha's house to Mayuri Dutta's house or till Lal Pagri ghat entrance road.

ATMs of all the nationalized banks whose branches are there in Namrup have opened up. So that's making the life of people over there easier.

Suring our days the total house holds in the township were 3000+ but now it's around 1200+.

Currenty as on date the strength of students in our school is 1200+. This includes the students from outside the township including those from NTPC, APL, adjoining Tea Gardens & villages.

You can see DTH (Direct to Home) antennas in most of the houses. Colony roads are as usual. No major change. People especially the youngsters are exposed to the internet. Or in short you can say that they are also in tune to the major technological development in the country/world.

Football matches used to be held regularly in the Gandhi maidan. During our stay there was a tournament named as Namrup Gold Cup which was on. Teams like BVFCL, OIL, NTPC, CIL, etc. have participated.

Since the winter is in so the environment for the criket tournament is also on. Preparation was on the full swing.

So far as the approach roads to Namrup is concerned they are on for a major remake. The RCC bridge which was depressed in the centre that was out of order for more than a decade due to the natural constraints (geological/geographical) like severe current, rocks/boulders in the river bed, for which some of the major construction companies of the world have failed is finally re-constructed. This is a new one on the other side the Shiv-temple.

Attached are few more pictures of our school and a near by tea garden.

Best regards,

Mridu Pawan

Attached Files:

2. malabikamahajan

malabikamahajan New IL'ite

Hi all Namrupites,

Thanks Mridupawan for the lovely pictures of the school that i studied once. though it was only for three years i was there, it made me heavily nostalgic viewing all the pictures.

Anyone having pictures of our batch do post it too.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

3. SeuliB

SeuliB New IL'ite

Hi Mridupawan,

Thanks, thanks, thanks a million for helping all reading this REVISIT Namrup. Probably, Namrup seems to be too minuscule a place for all of us who have spread far and wide all across the world, but I'm sure the special strong bond of friendship can only be nurtured in places like Namrup.

Many of us may not feature in our conversation, but I'd like to personally reach out All Namrupites across the world to come and join this discussion...

Seuli

4. mridupawan

mridupawan New IL'ite

Hi Seuli/Malabika,
    Hope all well.
    Yes you are absolutely right! Namrup is too minuscule a place in the world and the people from this place are reaching the nook and cranny of the world. Remember the Big Bang theory on the origin of the universe? Where in the whole of the universe is formed from a GOD Particle and now it's expanding and galaxies are parting away from each other, but we can still see the streaks of the light from various stars. The same applies to all of us. Even though we are far away from each other still we all are bonded via a media called as communication.

We need to organize a Namrupite get-together sometime in the near future.

Some of us are looking for a get-together of our 1988 batch, viz. by 2013 we should organize one such for our Silver Jubilee year of passing out of HFC Model School, Namrup. What do you say? Let the date be July 2013 (~3 years left). Getting all of us into a common ground by hunting out each and every one from all corners of the world shall take certain amount of time.

Just imagine meeting all of our classmates from all walks of their life and each one of us with our own family members meeting all. Just imagine the would be crowd !!! Whom so ever is reading this note I request you to just DREAM amout it... It's amazing... and simply a great one!

Best regards,

Mridu Pawan

5. mridupawan

mridupawan New IL'ite

Hi Seuli / Malabika,

There is a great news from HFC Model School, Namrup. This year there are 2 students who had secured positions in the TOP 20 in the HSLC results. One in the 2nd position and the other in the 18th position.
    1. 26 Stars
    2. 69 1st Division
    3. 23 2nd Division
    4. 04 3rd Division
    With this results our Dear School has been ranked as the Number ONE School in the state of Assam. Well that's an exciting news for all. :) specially for the Namrupites.:thumbsup

Cheers :):cheers

Best regards,

Mridu Pawan

6. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi

My cousin was living in Namrup for many years. He has 2 children. I dont know where they studied, but from your postings, I could make out that this must be the most popular school out there and the kids must have studied there only.

My cousin's name is Mr. Surendra nath, he was with the Fertiliser Factory only. His wife is Chithra. The children are Ranjani and Chandra Mohan. Any of you know them. But I guess the children are small during the period you guys are talking about.

Kind Rgds
    Shanti

7. mridupawan

mridupawan New IL'ite

Hello Ms. Shanti,

Greetings. Yes HFC Model School is a very popular school out there in Namrup. Yes we are talking about the period during 1975 thru 1988/1990. Can you eleborate on which sector was your cousin residing?

I can't recall about Mr. Surendra Nath, but probably Seuli might be knowing them or someone from this blog might be knowing them for sure. May be Rita ma'am (our senior) could know them.

Best regards,

Mridu Pawan

8. lafadiya

lafadiya New IL'ite

Dear All,

Tnx to all for sharing the sweet memories of Namrup...grateful I am, for the pictures of Model School...It was my first school.

Rgds,

9. leeta10

leeta10 New IL'ite

Hello,

I just chanced to see this post and i cannot express my delight in reading your post. I am the little girl who chubby cheeks all of you used to press (i have a faint memory of that):biglaugh. Except now that I am not so little anymore :):):). I am sure Mom will be very happy to hear about you guys and she is now visiting my sister in virginia. I will definitely tell her that she is well remembered by her students

Regards,

Leeta

10. SeuliB

SeuliB New IL'ite

Hi Leeta dear, so glad to hear from you. I know you must be gorgeous young lady now but for us, you will always be our 'cutie pie' :exactly:

Yes, please do tell Ma'm that we love her a lot and owe a lot to her and our teachers who helped make us what we are today...

Our children must be getting a much sophisticated environment for education in their schools today; but I wish our children could get the values, etiquette, discipline, etc. which the teachers in our school instilled in us... Bow

Keep writing...this forum is indeed a great platform..:thumbsup

With lots of love,
    Seuli