Revisiting Namrup, Assam

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by SeuliB, May 5, 2009.

1. SeuliB

SeuliB New IL'ite

Hey there, anyone from Namrup here?

I know Namrupites are quite internet savvy and its a pleasure to see you all over the networking sites. Perhaps this is the bonding of growing up together in a small town where our joys, sorrows and lives are intertwined for ever.

Share your experience of life in Namrup and how it has changed over the years. Its 15 years since I left Namrup, but it doesn't seem so. Do you feel the same?

Similar Threads
    1. muzna
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. pubalichetia

pubalichetia Guest

Thanks for making us revisit Namrup. It is true, we Namrupites never cease to cherish the life spent there. :)

Hindustan Fertilizer Corporation (HFC) has now become Brahmaputra Valley Fertilizer Corporation (BVFC). But has that changed the charm of living life in Namrup? I heard the tamul trees in Model School are no longer there and old friends are missing. Even I haven't visited Namrup for years but still love the place.

3. PUNIT

PUNIT New IL'ite

hey ,which batch of model school from ? I am also based out of Ahmedabad and had revisited Namrup about 6 months back..... Have some good snaps of the school.....

4. SeuliB

SeuliB New IL'ite

Hi, Nice to meet you here. I'm a late 80's batch student from Model School. Well, how does Namrup look in 2008-2009? I believe Namrupites settled all over the world would love to know.

Lets revisit Namrup through your words and lens.

:thankyou2:

5. srparveen

srparveen New IL'ite

Its nice to see another forum on Namrup. I am obsessed with Namrup and I regularly keep searching the net for any information/updates on Namrup.
    My regards and best wishes to all the Namrupians...wherever you are....
    FYI, Madam Peter ( our Mathematics teacher in the late 80s) is here in Virginia,US, visiting her daughter and I am looking forward to seeing her in few weeks.
    - Take care all...
    Sultana Parveen
    Forever Namrupian

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  6. SeuliB

SeuliB New IL'ite

Hi Sultana Rita,

Great to see you here. I was a batch junior to you and you used to come to Daisy (sultana) place in Sector B, our next door neighbor. You are true, Namrupites connect all over the world and many of our friends are still connected in spite of not having seen each other for almost 2 decades. :)
    You're lucky you'll get a chance to meet Madam Peter. Its strange how time flies. I remember her younger daughter coming to our classroom and we would all press her chubby cheeks. Convey my regards to Ma'm and tell her we still remember her and love her a lot for all her contribution in our life.

I remember, she was very strict if homework was not done. But, sometimes it happened that we could not understand some sums and so could not do it. So, we would stand by the gate in the morning till she comes and tell her that we are not able to complete our homework as we could not solve the problems. She'd smile and say OK. Now while the rest of the class would get punishment for not doing Homework, we 'few' were spared as we had informed her earlier. Love her for that...

Yes, this forum is the new medium to stay connected with Assam as well. Hope to see you more often here.

Keep Posting!Computer Typing

Seuli

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  7. mridupawan

mridupawan New IL'ite

Hi Seuli,

Greetings. Hope you can recall me. We were in the same batch in HFC Model School, Namrup. You were in Section B, where as I was in Section A. It just happened that I was searching for the HFC Model School Namrup in Google using the string "HFC Model School Namrup" and found your topic.

But found that this is a ladies site instead. Hope this is not offending or it is not strictly for the ladies.

I saw your post in Sonia ma'am site. So what are you now a days in Ahmedabad or in Gurgaon?

I'm in Mumbai. I could get in touch with Surinder Singh, currently in Punjab. Mitalee was in Gurgaon working for Modi Korea Telecom in Signature Tower no idea where is she right now. Met her last during 2002 while I was there. Happened to get in touch with Malabika Bhoumick that was a few years ago. She was in Bharuch at that time.

We shall be visiting Namrup soon. Shall post the recent pics of Namrup and our school in the model school forum once back from there.

Best regards,

Mridu Pawan

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2009
  8. SeuliB

SeuliB New IL'ite

Hi Mridupawan,

Great to see you here. Hey! Friends need no introduction....School friendsok kunubai pahore ne?

Welcome to the forum! Well, I guess this forum has the name 'Indusladies' but has a good amount of male membership as I can see many.....I hope the people behind the Forum can come up with stats some day. :)
    Be comfortable.....the stage is all yours.

You're right...I'm presently in Ahmedabad. Met Malabika once, she is still in Bharuch and Mitalee is in Australia. I'm touch with many friends on and off. Are you settled in Mumbai?

Well, How does Namrup look now? Do you visit there often? Please do post pics here. I guess everyone with their roots in Namrup will thank you for that.

Would love to see you more often in the forum? The North-east section has less
    participation. Can't understand, if people are not aware of this forum or are less active.
    :idontgetit:

See ya..

Seuli

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

9. mridupawan

mridupawan New IL'ite

Hi Seuli,

Great to read your reply .
    Yes I'm currently settled in Mumbai only. Working for one of the large oil & gas company of India that commits its stand in the Fortune 500 companies of the world. Here I'm into the field of Geodesy.

So Mitalee is married and settled down in Australia? Cool. Sidhartha Shankar Kotoki is also there somewhere in Melbourne or Sydney.

Convey my greetings to Malabika as well in Bharuch.

Today Surinder has left for Assam on vacation, whilst we shall be leaving tomorrow morning, shall reach Namrup tomorrow itself. We shall be meeting there, as well as other fellows also, although very few are in and around that region.

Once back from Namrup shall post the pics in the forum. Especially I wish to bring some pics of our dear school over there.

Well whenever I meet our classmates, every body is curious to know where is Deepanjali Bhuyan, she is lost or out of sight since our HSLC. Any idea about her?

So since how long you are in Ahmedabad? Settled down there finally?

Well participation from the people of NE Zone may be less may be since many of them are not aware of it. Well we need to invite them over here to participate.

Best regards,

Mridu Pawan:cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2010
  10. mridupawan

mridupawan New IL'ite

Hi Seuli,
    Greetings. Well came back from Namrup a day ago. Had a great time there.

Visited our school. It was like our old memories coming alive when I could see the students running, yelling, and studying in the class rooms while some of them getting punishments. Met Ma'am Bansal, Phunu, Sangeeta. All others are new faces. The head mistress is Sister Mouli now.

The heritage building of LKG class has been demolished and a new set of class rooms have been constructed. Currently there are around 1200+ students.

I'll be posting the photographs in the model school forum set up by Sonia Ma'am.

The "Tamul" (beatle nut), coconut trees are all gone. But the tamarind tree is still there.

Surinder is still in Assam. Couldn't meet him, since we couldn't coordinate the meeting time due to lack of time at both end. Met Manoj Chaudhury, Arup Chakraborty, Pranob Sonowal. Saw your house it's same as it was during our days in Namrup.

I've attached one picture of our school which in the panaromic view mode. There you can see the new class rooms in place of the heritage LKG building, the assembly hall and the extension of the cycle stand as well.

At the moment, winter is just knocking at the door there.

Rest all in the forum.

Best regards,

Mridu Pawan

Attached Files: