1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Review of "Who Will Cry When you die" by Robin S. Sharma

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Chitvish, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi chitra,

Posting after a long time. had read the book. had just seen your review. you are amazing. you review would really force a person who would have bypassed the book to start it.

Stephen covey, Deepak chopra, Robin sharma, actually all tell us something we basically know/aware but never do.
    May be we need some external source to jerk us out to analyze and recognise our calling..... The success of these authors and their book on the best selling charts is proof to it!!!

Wonderful review.

love
    shanthi.

6 people like this.
  2. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs. Chitra,

I've heard a lot about this book, I guess it's high time I pick it up.

Have a lovely day.

1 person likes this.
  3. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Who will cry when you die by Robin Sharma

I read this book. Its just really good. Its gives u some points to live by in life.

Madhu

4. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Who will cry /Robin shama

Such a lot of hype for the title'Who will cry --- -- -- ---- . i enjoyed reading 'The Man who sold his -- - - -- - - . Good. On the basis of the popularity for the former book I did purchase a copy of the title. It is disappointing. Nothing extrordinary. It may pass off like any book on popular psychology. Also other titles of Robin Sharma couldn't appeal to me much. Same style of eriting with same kind of ideas said in different ways. To know an author one should not go beyond 2 or 3 titles. kanaka:spin:spin

5. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Re: Who will cry /Robin shama

Agree with u Kanaka. Though i haven't read 'Who will Cry... i have read The monk.....& liked it. But happened to read another book by the author (can't recall the name) & felt that it was nothing different....the same things were said in a different way.

Ragini.

6. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

I read this book when one of friends told me about it. I really liked it. I like what he conveys in his books.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

8. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

You have a good command over language. Not like me.

All the so called popular psychology books have no creativity. Things are told in different ways. To me 'Who will cry when iam -- - - -- appeared like some of those popular books in psychology published by st.Paul Publications.

I was disappointed to see the contents page of this title.

The Monk who sold - -- - - - - - is good for one reading. He is not able to penetrate into the Oriental philosophy. No much depth to the book. But can be considered as a good ficition.

The book fails to grasp the intrinsic and intutitive aspect of Indian philosophy and the psyche of our sages. Can anyone measure the depth of our great sages!
    We need to take repeated births to understand these great souls. pl. do comment. kanaka:coffee:coffee:coffee

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Kanaka,

Recently I read about ramanar...It was titled "Into the mind of Ramana Maharshi"

To be honest, I knew a lot about ramar even before reading it. What I usually do, is just blank out that i know that person and then read as if i am learning about the person for the first time...believe me the insight and perceptions that gives you are great...

the same with robin sharma's books... A friend of my husband, who is a book worm like me recommended the book. he went on to say blah blah....so brought the book..."The....who sold the ferari." and did the same thing. It felt ok kind of book.

you are right when you say about indepth into our great people....

if you have the time just visit the ramakrishna math book publications...you will be astounded at the variety of books you get there..and all a must read....

There is profound messages in the discourses of kanchi periya which comes as book in tamil named deivathin kural...a must read to under hinduism in actual sense.

Let me stop here...

(BTW my language is a blessing from my teachers...)

10. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

I have read the book "who will cry..............die" by Robin sharma.
    The content is the same but shaped in a new form.
    The interesting factor about this work is that each topic is in different small chapters & makes it very easy to read.
    It can be read once a year.............every year!

geevee