1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Review of " The Investigation".

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Chitvish, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Reviewer Chitra!

Dear Chitra,

Way to go M'am! One can see a defenite improvement on the 'reviewing' aspect in this, your latest review. It provokes the reader's interest in the book being reviewed and also throws light on the subject matter without revealing the story line. And that's where you faltered last time, if I may say so respectfully.

As I am yet to read it, I cannot add to your opinions on the book or comment on the quotes. But I can say this much, at the next break I get from my usual chores, I will be reading Varalotti's Investigation! That in itself is a proof of the wonderful job you have done in reviewing the book:) Hats off to you. (It's totally a different matter that I DON'T wear hats!!!)

Besides, after reading Sharada's comments on your review, there is pretty much nothing I can add to it!!

Now, carry on reviewing with aplomb!!

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Critic on Critic:))--Sharada..

Dear Sharada.....

First of all, your post made me laugh and I can fully empathize with you! Yes, I understand, it cannot be easy when you antagonize fans!!!

But reading your comment on Chitraji's review this time round, could not help feeling that you were very accurate and the points you mention are also ones that I totally agree with. This was really a constructive advise and I am sure will be appreciated by Chitraji and others aspiring to review.

Please don't hold back and whatever it is you want to say, go ahead and do it without worrying. (Ofcourse, easier for me to say!!!) As you are frank and are not delivering sugar coated pills, it should encourage everyone to take criticism in the light it should be taken. And we can all learn from it. Also, who wants to miss the interesting exchange of thoughts and opinions such postings create!

It is Ugadi and all of us know what the Ugadi pachadi brings, sweetness along with bitterness and sourness! That's life and reviews..ha ha.

I dared to review the professional reviewer, hope its ok?!

3. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Great!

Thanks so much for the feedback Kamla. My words are usually incisive and I find it hard to sugar coat and flatter falsely. But I'm glad all the aspiring reviewers are taking my suggestions in the spirit they are intended - I want all Ilites to rise above mediocrity and write/review to the best of their ability. Chithra has been very sporting - had to almost go into hiding the first time I roared as she has a formidable army of fans!
    No bitterness and animosity among us - only the pursuit of excellence. Michelangelo said "Trifles make perfection. But perfection is no trifle."
    Think the best you can, do the best you can and be the best you can,
    Sharada