1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Review of " eleven Minutes".

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Chitvish, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sudha !

Dear Sudha,
    After reading your mail, I could'nt wait - I just rushed to the library & got The Zahir. I am just half way through The Alchemist ! Sudha, I am no student of literature & admit that i am incompetent to review books in a forum where literary people frequent ! I could just finsh 100 pages & re & re read the line that a very simple thing in married life is,in order to dicover your spouse, you must first discover yourself ! i found that line very profound & I feel sometimes in real life, our priorities are all wrong !
    Well, I just finished Robin Sharma's Monk who sold the ferrari & Who will cry When I die . Now, Sudha, don't ask me to review them - I just loved those books, too much !
    Probably you think I have a queer taste, no problem - that is what I am !
    Thanks for writing to me - I am so happy !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Another Book You Should Not Miss!

I am very happy to see the interest evinced by you, Sudha and Chitvish, in reading good books.

Now that you both have had a good dose of Paulo Coelho, I think it's high time you should move to something bigger.

I have in mind the book THE SEAT OF THE SOUL by Gary Zukav. That's a tremendous book. It took some 15 days for me to finish that book. In fact I did not want to end that book at all. And during that 15 days and the next one month I was almost in a state of trance. This book will answer many of the questions hidden deep inside our minds - Karma, Compassion, Love...

If Eleven Minutes is a roller coaster ride in a theme park, Zukav is a space-craft ride to the frontiers of the universe.

I only hope that your husbands will not be angry with me for keeping you so grossly engaged in the world of books.
    sridhar

3. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Thanks to the stalwarts for suggesting good books!

Dear Sridhar,
    I was waiting to hear from you....since i know you would have gone on to the ext level....true to form you have come with your next suggestion!
    I just hope i will beable to get this book here, or else have to wait for someone to come from India, or Uk.....it seems to be difficult to find good english books, and of course they turn out to be very expensive also.
    I am also still reeling from this book Devil and MIss Prym....which though the book is small like Alchemist, each line or paragraph, needs time to digest. Like you had said sometimes i did not feel like finishing the book. Anyway i want to wait afor sometime nd go through them again to jot down some profound thoughts.

Hubby doesn't really mind since he knows i am an avid reader....i go on in the night for a long time.He anyway feels this is better than simply gossiping with friends or keeping my mind idle. Anyway i have a lot of time since my daughter is also away, and i can now devote all my time to reading good books, which i have missed all these years. So no problem on that front!

Awaiting your next bunch of weekly episodes!
    regards, sudha

Dear Mrs. Chitra,
    Now i am wondering how will you manage your cookery columns.....:confused: it is going to be a real juggle, getting your mind to adjust to both extremes. Zahir has to be taken slowly, it is a real lengthy one and needs time !
    I will try to get the other books also. HAPPY READING! And i will turn to your cookery section for a change and try out some good forgotten recipes till i lay my hands on the next set of books!;-) ; which i guess should also please my husband and maybe he will get my books soon!(selfish na!)

best regards

4. Chitvish

Dear Sridhar !

Thanks for suggesting the next book " perhaps on a higher plane " ? Anyway my pet subjects are Karma, love & compassion & I will definitely read the same, after finishing the present 3 books of Paul Coelho. Thanks for literally leading me in the way of right books, so that all I have to do is just get them & read them. I have become a member of the famous Easwari Lending Library & now I don't have to buy books, which does become expensive in the long run. Please don't worry about the husband part too much, now he can watch Sports & NDTV as much as he wants without my grabbing the remote from him!
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  5. Chitvish

Time-juggling is tricky, Sudha !

Dear Sudha,
    You rightly put it ! Well, by nature, I am always particular about time management & I hate to give others & more than that, to myself, lack of time as an excuse ! Now I must literally " work hard" to sustain both interests going !
    Let me see how best I can manage. You are most welcome to my forum - atleast browse through the recipe index ! You may feel nostalgic & that will be the first success for me from your end !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

6. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

How did i miss this thread????

ohhhh! wonderful classy people throwing tips on good books. I am planning to read Eleven minutes right away!!

I LOVE IL... :)

Purnima

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  7. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

i have read ur other reviews also, but as this was ur first one
    i felt i should write that u were good when u started and still are
    this book lovers sub-forum has helped me to suggest some books for the
    local library,
    thanks to u all who wrote them

8. Lalitha_K

Lalitha_K New IL'ite

Amazing book but need a very deep insight i think paulo coelho has alwes been gr8...

9. princehole

princehole New IL'ite

I like all books of eleven Minutes ,it is all about the Strugale og young India and showing the young generation belives in Humanity and Unity .I am realy Proud of Him as an Indian for writing such nie books which straightly touche the young s heart.

10. doylesmith

doylesmith New IL'ite

Eleven Minutes, written by Paulo Coelho is a literal journey of a young woman and slightly older man both in search of themselves and their individual sexuality. Their intense meeting at a coffee shop provoked a curiosity that would lead the two off kilter souls to share with one another their own beliefs and experiences of love and sex discovered through each of their own lives and careers.