Review for schools in Frazer Town or Sarjapur Road - Need Feedback please !!!!

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by outofthebox, Sep 21, 2011.

1. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

Hi Pamela,

Thanks a lot for this detailed feedback on thsi school...! So I think only fees aspect need to be pondered about....Shall check out further details from school...thanks a lot !

I hope moms who send their kids to the other schools that I have asked can help share their reviews...!

Thanks again Pamela !

2. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Outofthebox, Sorry am going to hog your space ;)
    Pamela, I would like to know more about the school. Curriculum - any specific board followed for higher grades? The website looks impressive. Whats the student-teacher ratio? Can you share the fee structures pls?

3. Pamela15

Pamela15 Silver IL'ite

Vishalini3,

The school is a CBSE board school. Student teacher ratio is around 20/25:1 for higher grades. One time admission fees is 50k, and the annual fees for Mont 0 starts from 35k, Mont1 is 40k, etc. Grade 1 to 5 is 50k i guess, and it increases from grade 5. Bus, uniform will be additional. For exact fees, school will provide more details, esp higher grades. Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  4. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Pamela,
    Thankyou for the quick reply :) Will call the school for more details, am highly impressed.

5. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Pamela, yet another qn, are they approchable? The teachers and the Principal? Coz from your earlier replies, I gathered that they are definitely open. But the google has left me in a soup now, I read many reviews, which portrays the Principal as 'not like to be questioned' type, not much of parent-teacher interaction, etc etc. How do you find the everyday interaction? Like - whether your child was fussy during the lunch time; if you have sent the child after a bout of sickness, you might want to know how was her health that day; whether she mingles with other kids; has difficult in reading/writing (wrt eyesight or not); Such qns crop up everyday into our head, do the teachers answer them every day/every week/every month? How does it go? TIA :)

6. Pamela15

Pamela15 Silver IL'ite

Hey,sorry for the late reply.

Approchable: Yes, if you go via their mode of communication. Parents can request meeting with teachers via a communicator card, which is to be sent daily along with the child. To meet/discuss with princi, you need to send a letter addressed to the Princi via the communicator. I've met the princi directly just once - during admission, and havnt met him personally post that. But have been interacting with the teacher(s) frequently, and its been fine. Incase they want to communicate any event, or anything specific about the child, they do it via the communicator.If child has been unwell, you can mention instructions or details in the card along with leave application attached if child was on sick leave. They will get back to you via the card. They are gnerally prompt via this mode of communication. Formal PTMs are twice in an year, which is less. But then you can request for a meeting with the teacher during any weekday.

Regarding princi - well, everyone has their own perceptions. Agreed, he can come across as rude, and curt at times. He is clear with one thing - this is the way we function, love it, or leave it. In orientations, I've seen parents get into discussions/arguments etc, which I think is not the right place, as its orientation for a specific grade. If parents have issues, they can meet the princi directly and discuss it.

I've heard teacher attrition is a problem in higher grades - though this is an issue across Bangalore. Many schools have even the principal changing every year! Atleast, the princi here will remain the same.. ;-)

As of now, I am ok with the school; my kid is not pressurized, is happy going to school, and the pace of learning is also ok.

I am glad that you are reading up on the school over the net. Once you are here in Bangalore, you can visit the school (please read the admission process over the website). Talk to a few parents if you can get in touch with some of them. All the best and happy to help!

7. ManiVijay

ManiVijay New IL'ite

this thread really helped upto some extent...