1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Revert or Forgive and forget

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by iamnidhi, Apr 17, 2015.

1. iamnidhi

iamnidhi Senior IL'ite

Hello Dear ladies,

Thank you for your reply.

Well I have decided whatever happened happened. Learn lesson.As you rightly said No use crying over spilt milk.
    I have decided not to worry about it; whenever these thoughts come in mind mind I will divert my mind to some other subjects.

Yes and I will follow "completely ignore policy."

Seriously thinking of them is like giving too much importance to the one who are least bothered about us.
    And next time onwards I will take full charge. Whatever it may be. I don't want to regret why I listened to them and coming to this situation.

Even I read some other threads about forgetting, and then I realized there are so many ladies who are suffering mentally they are giving trouble to themselves by crying or feeling bad about themselves because some Il's made some mean things or mean comments about them.

Anyways even for me lesson learned. Even such situations happen in life. I will be more strong.

Once again thank you

Nidhi

2. docathome

docathome Gold IL'ite

It depends on how much u can let go without getting resentful.. I personally feel there is no point in bottling up while feeling terrible within. If you feel strongly bout something don't let them walk over you.. Don't make a fuss but go ahead with what you want to do.. If you don't agree with them bout something but it won't affect you much, let them do what they wish to.. I'm not much into following the 'respect' rules cos I feel such things are only created to take advantage of ur position.. Respect, in my opinion, has to be mutual, else it just leads to abuse..

2 people like this.
  3. ananya23

ananya23 New IL'ite

Well, I have faced so many problems with my in-laws and still facing.

Initially I chose to forgive and forget. Many choose to do this for the peace of the family or to be in husband's and in laws good books. But believe me they will take you for granted.

Then last year I reverted back but it kind of spoilt the relationship. My in laws and especially my Sil spoke to their relatives and friends so badly about me and that my parents have not brought me up properly etc etc.

Unfortunately my husband always supports them. In all these years he never supported me or stood up for me (thanks to their brain washing).

Then now I just IGNORE them and their doings completely. Try to keep myself busy and pray to god. My husband still thinks I am bad and they are good.

But what to do thats life remember you are only responsible for your happiness.
    You have to stay calm ans stand up for yourself. Be cordial with them and that's it.
    If you talk about them to your husband, chances are that it will result in a fight between you. Some men don't change. We have to change ourselves and become strong.