1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Retired!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Jul 19, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

It may sound odd and an outright lie to many of you. Believe me. Its a fact that I have never seen myself in a mirror so far. People used to tell me how brighter I was, before. But I never had the inclination to verify that on my own. They took me to a big bungalow and left me in a room. I assumed that place to be my place of work.

It was indeed and I was certainly bogged down a lot initially, as lot of people came to me and forced me to work. I was very happy to see so many smiling faces before me and should say that those were the happiest days in my life. Initially there was a man who came often and attended to me too. As days went by, people used me less and less. I didn't mind that, but was wondering what made them so busy.

Then the person who attended to me frequently was no longer there. It's been years since I've seen him. I too had my graying, and was worried that people might notice it. I was not as bright before and had some changes happening to me. And the little ones who used to run to me as soon as there was a big joyous moment for them were not coming to me. One day, they just pushed me aside to another dark room. I found it terrible and protested by being firmly rooted for sometime. But they moved me easily and put me there. I am not able to see anything here unless the door or windows in this room are opened. Dear Reader, Can you please tell them that I am still good and can serve for more years?

I cannot take this retirement. Never.

p.s. Here 'I' refers to a mirror.

2. Dhivya5

Dhivya5 Gold IL'ite

hiya jollly. I found out it was the Mirror while reading the first para rgs. For one iam correct. Hurrah!

3. rgsrinivasan

Smart! Happy to lose on this front. Thanks for the feedback. -rgs

4. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

That is an interesting narration RGS. I could not guess it at all.

5. applevaio

applevaio Silver IL'ite

RGS, I have found out it was a mirror after reading this line.
    Its a fact that I have never seen myself in a mirror so far.

Finally i learnt to follow your thoughts.. :)

6. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

the hint is in 2nd line itself, isn't it? i remember your another story, in which a mirror narrates its relation with a girl as she grow up..

7. rgsrinivasan

Happy to know that Pallavi. But I doubt it may be due to your preoccupation with something more important. Thanks. -rgs

8. rgsrinivasan

You are quick and smart AppleVaio. Fine. Time to change my pattern once more. :) Thanks for your feedback. -rgs

9. rgsrinivasan

Kudos to your memory Sir. And thats the same reason, I took a different line - about retirement. Thanks for your feedback. -rgs

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear RGS,

Very nice narration. I enjoyed reading it. I also guessed it was a mirror. I thought that mirror complaining about people showing different faces in front of it could add to the spice. But, it would give away the subject so fast.

Viswa