1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Retired Hurt ...Resolutions

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Promilla, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Promilla

Promilla Senior IL'ite

Finest Blog - Dec. 2012

Retired Hurt ...Resolutions
    Another year comes to an end and another set of resolutions start drifting in mind. These resolutions were not part of my life until I started hearing from everyone that they have some resolutions for the coming year! I too tried this from last few years and I fell flat every time.

Losing weight was one of the main issues which still remains an issue[​IMG] I tried every possible thing but the results were same…. I could almost hear the latest ad in my dreams…’Scale badlne se kuch nahi hoga tel badaliye, madam tel badaliye!! [​IMG]‘But even after that results were as corrupt as our government.[​IMG] My dear friends were like why Promilla why? And my reply was ‘I too want to look hot, chic and happening.’ Their reply almost forced me many times to leave everything and enjoy the life as it is …’Arrey you look cute and that’s enough!’ Cute…no…I am not a child sillies..Women should look hot not cute ;p[​IMG]

But one fine day when all resolutions failed I believed them and the urge to look hot also vanished in thin air.

Last year ending awakening stuck me that I must not color my graying hair. Graying hair look graceful and I must welcome the grace in my life through my silver streaks. Few days were okay but suddenly when I stopped recognizing myself in the mirror and a deep urge to call myself Aunty ji…this too went away as quietly as it came. I was again loving my crowning glory; courtesy L’Oreal! Long live such companies!!!

Getting hurt for some silly reasons were also crossed in such resolution fever. I consoled myself that I must not get mad, must not lose temper, must not get hurt for what others say but take everything in positive manner and the results were devastating. My “offering another cheek for one more slap’ strategy showed me stars in day time!! From hubby to kids everyone were perplexed at first but when they were assured that this resolutions is too good to believe but still a truth they started crossing the limits… Cigarettes increased day by day in number and than in packets for hubby dear, the deadlines to reach home at the given time were taken lightly by the kids ……and ..and volcano erupted one fine day; leaving me happy and in control again. Pheew…control is must to live a healthy life and so is display of anger and hurt!!

My contact lenses are part of my life since many years and are like a companion of Janam janam. But the traitor that’s me finally realized that I need glasses which will improve my looks and present me as an intellectual. So the search for fancy glasses began and I got three pairs. Flaunting them with an air I soon discovered the folly! My glasses almost made me blind in rain. The naughty kid in me can never resist getting drenched in rains but glasses made that impossible. My endless cups of coffee and tea were hindrance to read, write or enjoy a movie in peace. The steam would darken the glasses which I had to clean thousands of times! So I bid a happy goodbye to them and hugged my lenses back! Life was normal again!

After all these failures I have come to the conclusion that resolutions are for bachelors, young, loners, and for people who are in total control of their lives so I happily forgot resolutions and started enjoying my life without being controlled by anything. I finally discovered I am like a river and can be happy only when there is no stoppage or hindrance in the flow.

Wish you all very happy New Year friends, with all your loved ones!!
    May all your dreams come true!

2. vidyamenon

vidyamenon New IL'ite

really nice to read !

3. Promilla

Promilla Senior IL'ite

Thanks vidya:))

4. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

A very happy new year to you and your family:)
    Thanks for this nice blog:)
    Lakshmi

5. SwarnaVenkat

SwarnaVenkat Junior IL'ite

Very nice blog....
    Why to think of resolution.. and end up breaking them..

6. Promilla

Promilla Senior IL'ite

Wow!! Thanks IL team for choosing my blog FB of December.!! I am so happy. But why didn't I get the notification of this?
    Thanks my dear readers and admin for the love and support. :)

7. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Again a fantastic read Promilla.... i don't know how i missed this wonderful post!! your sense of humor is too good dear!!

Have a great new year.... i know it is March, still a big chunk of the year is still ahead of us.... so again Happy New Year!

akila

8. Promilla

Promilla Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot Lakshmi:)

9. Promilla

Promilla Senior IL'ite

Hi Swarna...making desolation is fun but breaking them is awakening:)))
    Thanks for being here.:)

10. Promilla

Promilla Senior IL'ite

Thanks a bunch Akila:))
    I am very irregular here so missed replying many comments...but I am always thankful to the readers for their time and support. A special thanks to you too:)