Restaurants in Namma Madras

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by AnithaA, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Jlatch

Jlatch New IL'ite

Hi,

Being a veggie, my favourites are

Ganges Restaurant at Nungambakkam - Veg Buffet - More varieties - delicious desserts - comes around Rs. 300 for 2.

Komalas' Restaurant, Hotel Palimar at Nungambakkam & Hotel Mathura at Mount Rd.

Muruga Idli shop branches at many areas - Apart from their famous idlies ; their Butter Onion Othappum is yum...mmmy :)

cheerS
    Jlatch

2. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Hi

There is a small CAFETERIA in SARAVANA STORES BRAMMANDAMAI (The one which is next to Rmkv and opp to Pothys). The cafeteria is in the first floor.
    It wont be seen from outside. But if you go in, you can find a small world sitting n enjoying the items there, hearing to mild music in the background...They have a whole variety of Chats, Chinese, North Indian n South Indian delicacies n that too the charges are very nominal...

3. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Glad to see that this thread is picking up and more and more "hidden gems" are being unveiled....

4. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jlatch,

I completely forgot about Palimar and Mathura! Thanks for posting about them here. :)

Regards,
    Anitha

5. sudhabalaji

sudhabalaji New IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

Its very interesting and useful thread!!!!

My inputs to this thread are

Sukh Sagar (Anna Nagar) Veggie restaurant! All varieties of food!!!!All are very tasty.Good option for family get together!!!!Average 300 for 2 persons.

Punjabi Dhabba Near Dasaprakash egmore!!!!All north Indian foods are delicious and kufi he gives is yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Average 300 for 2 persons

Hotel Breeze on Poonamalle high road near Kilpauk....the bufet is 450/- The food and Deserts are too good.

Bombay Alwa house opposite to Blue diamond.....very nice veggie restaurant.....Only North Indian food is served and it is very tasty.

Mansukh... at purrasaiwalkkam......is also very tasty and for average 2 persons it is 200

I heard Sanjeevanam at Nungambakkam is also very good but i haven't tried yet!!!!!

With Regards,
    Sudha Balaji

6. preetho

preetho New IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

Good Thread.

My share of it.....

ITs Rain Forest in Adyar just opposite the Adyar signal.......the ambience is awesome......especially for kids............they will enjoy alot.............Meal for 2 is 500 on an average........

Basera on the ECR..........next to Prathana theatre.........again excellent place to have food.............and the ambience is awesome with seats and tables made out of tree trunk.........700 meal for 2........

Dutchess on TTK road, next to Kabul.............the variety is awesome and good go for non-vegetarians.............meal for 2 is 600 on an average

Tasty Jones in Besant Nagar beach............its just adjoining Cozy......opposite the beach..............tasty food............espeically the hawian chicken salad.....its yummy..........meal for 2 is 300 on an average................

Midnight Masala............authentic dosa shop on TTK road.........you should try the keema dosa.........a good go for non-vegeterians..............meal for 2 is around 400 bucks.............

Carnival Heights - The Revolving Restaurant.............Kilpauk.............its an awesome place to have a romantic party with your darling...........food is worth the price , though on a little higher end..............the restaurant is situated on the 11th floor.........and you can see that it revolves slowly and you can have an awesome view of chennai while you eat.............meal for 2 800 bucks on an average..............

Mouthful - Tnagar...........behind Murugan Idly shop.............good place to eat...........you will never get tired of their dishes........meal for 2 400 on an average.............

BeeVee's - North Usman Road - Tnagar..........its only to go place.........where you get briyanis and rolls and other stuffs..........very tasty food.............and its very cheap.............you can only take parcels..........and cannot eat there.............meal for 2 is around 300................or even less.............

Try all of them..........and have great eating time.............

7. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sudha and Preetho,

Thanks a lot for your lists! Just proves to me I still have a long way to go..........(in terms of eating! ;-) ) Do post more restaurants that we might not know of. Lets have fun eating!

Regards,
    Anitha

8. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

To add to the list of restaurants, I went to B.R. Matsya, an Udipi hotel, yesterday. It is on Thanickachalam Road, T Nagar. We opted for the buffet, which costs Rs.160 plus taxes. The food was ok. Their sabjis were very good but the rest was ok. A lot of folks tend to come there. You can give it a try if you want.

Regards,
    Anitha

9. vase

vase Senior IL'ite

Hi Chennaiwasi's,

Any good veg restaurant in Thirvanmiyur? I went thru the posts in this thread...couldn't find one:-(
    Am visiting Chennai this weekend for a short vacation.... mainly to take my 2nd son to the beach (he hasn't seen one yet:-()

Cheers!

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi vase,

there is murugan idly shop and one more restaurant near besant nagar beach itself.