Restaurants in Namma Madras

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by AnithaA, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hey gals,

I have not visited any of these..simply for the reason I don't like to eat outside.

just saw a board opposite bailey clinic, that a new hotel is coming up...which one is coming there..anitha and meena any idea...

2. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Dear Janani M'am,

Thanks a lot for your list of eateries! I always knew there were more eateries in namma Madras! Will sure try them out. And I didn't know dhoklas are available here in Madras! That is one of my favourite Gujarati dishes! Thanks a lot! And yes, lets continue this food talk. After all, food IS the elixir of life and quite literally too! :)

Regards,
    Anitha

3. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

I am sorry, but I have no idea! Maybe I'll know when the hotel opens! ;-) In the meantime, if I get to know of which hotel is coming up, I will let you know.

Regards,
    Anitha

4. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Wow...I love this thread...

last time during my visit I was longing to try so many restaurants but as I didnt have any idea we always centered around Saravana Bhavan.

Si this time I have a lots to add on to my list...
    Thanx Anitha...

Any info on Buffets?I'd love to explore that too....

5. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hey Guys........what is happening..............eatouts without me..........

i don't know how i missed this thread .............let me start to participate............and thanks to Anitha to start this thread and more info on this topic.......

Meena.........that's gud u have mentioned about Aishwarya hotel..........it is really good and it is a best place to give treat as u said........Meena how u forgot to mention about our favorite Mothers Kitchen which is in Nanganallur. Most of this area people will be knowing about this....Rs.55 for one buffet and cool man........u can enjoy very well having the dinner.......

About Buffets...........in most Saravana Bhavans they have and they are doing good.........but the items r more, it is not the case for good eaters, as they can complete the full buffet........

6. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanthi ma'am

You know rumors have started to flow around already about that emerging hotel....I was very much excited when i heard someday that Saravana Bhavan is going to come...But the very next day itself got some other news that Sangeetha is going to come...Whatever it is.....I am ready to mokkify there as soon as they open it!

(Note: AnithaA ma'am has assured to give a treat for me soon there:).....Did she not invite you?????? Verrrrrrrry bad......)

Love
    Meena

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  7. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Anitha ma'am

I expected you here.....How can this go without you???????

Yeah.....I thought of writing about Mothers kitchen here but then left some space for you to fill in from your side...

Mothers Kitchen is in 4th Main Road, Nanganallur...

On Saturdays they have buffet for jus 55rs. Soup, Naan, two side dishes, veg fried rice, chinese noodles, onion raitha, aloo mutter, salad, curd rice, pickle n a lot more...The menu changes every saturday.....And it is all unlimited..

8. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shravanthika,

As I have mentioned, Comfort Inn serves bufets. Also, Bhooma suggested Rain Tree in Adyar for buffets. There is Radha Park In near Vadapalani but I have not been there and do not know how much the buffet costs. But I have heard the food is good. If I get to know of more, I will let you know.

Regards,
    Anitha

9. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Deat Meena and Anitha,

I didn't know about "Mothers Kitchen" in Nanganallur in spite of going there often! Thanks a lot for the information. And Anitha, you are welcome. :) With a lot of foodies around, I know I'm going to find it difficult to lose some pounds! ;-)

Regards,
    Anitha

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Meena,

Don't start hijacking this thread....

Let me tell you one small info..Saravana bhavan had taken a survey sometime in 93-94 for this area, and the result was that they cannot break through the madi acharam of this area...(see how nanganallur has proved them wrong... )
    and look at suriya hotel being full, mother's kitchen is also full, cakes monarch, arunachala, venkateswara idli everything yaar....
    I may not eat outside, but now have to accomodate for the sake of veda and the kids...once in 3/4 months...

maybe we all can meet in one of these places:idea....but i am worried what if you foodies talk only about food in this place and that....i will feel left out.Rant..