Restaurants in Namma Madras

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by AnithaA, Feb 29, 2008.

1. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Dear Meena,

Thanks for the info. It will only take me about 20 mins to reach Trident so I think this will be a good option when I'm too lazy to cook or for a quick bite! ;-)

Regards,
    Anitha

2. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Anitha ma'am

Thank you. It takes less than 20 mins for me to reach there. Right from my school days, i used to go there. 'Aishwarya' is a good place for giving treats. Even now if we school friends plan of a get together 'Aishwarya' comes first to our mind!

Love
    Meena

3. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Dear Anitha,

Definitely, when I come to Chennai will look out for the restaurants that you’ve mentioned.
    Thank You.

4. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Dear Meena,

Please don't call me M'am!!! I am not as old as you think I am (in fact I will only be a couple of years elder to you!! :cry: I guess I should update my profile soon! Just plain Anitha will do when you want to address me.

Regards,
    Anitha

5. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Dear Anushiv,

Thanks a lot for your FB. Please do try them and let me know if you liked them. After all, these are my personal opinions and I would like to know what others think of them. :)

Regards,
    Anitha

6. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Well done, Anitha....Kalakitinga!

Want to confirm the location of Sangeetha, Adyar......If I'm right, you are talking about the one located near Odyssey! Sometimes been there.....What a delicious eat! You are right about the crowd......

Kumarakom is too good for the Kerala special veggie. items....I'm a veggie.....Heard people's opinion about non-veg, 'very yummy'.

There is one located in the ECR.....But, a little before the ECR limit starts.... Sorry... I'm not so clear....It's name is Malgudi, I think....very homely look, like a typical olden day house and taste... a well in the entrance...Kili Josiyam.....Thotti Kattu Mutram......
    Kambi jannal...Food served in ilai on the plate...traditional vessels....Don't worry, you have chairs and tables....Worth travelling to one end of Chennai.....

Love,
    Oviya.

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for starting this thread, Anitha and also for all those who has contributed to it and will be contributing.
    Eventhough me and husband don't go out to eat, this list will be helpful for us to take the children and have a bite too.....

sriniketan

8. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Dear Oviya,

Thanks a lot for your FB. Ya my husband has been wanting to go to Kumarakom.but I was wary as I had doubts whether there will be anything veggie there. Now that you have calmed my fears, we will sure go there. And will try the ECR one too.........we have relatives near ECR and will sure try the "Malgudi" hotel when we go there! Nandri!

And yes the Sangeetha is the one you mentioned. Only Odyssey is no longer near Sangeetha but further down the road! Happy eating!

Regards,
    Anitha

9. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sriniketan,

You sure can take your children.....children are the best people to be taken out, especially for eating(My husband's nephew is a case in example ;-) ). They still don't have any inhibitions and they also get used to various types of food. Enjoy your outings with your children......who knows, maybe in the process, the bug will bite you too! :)

Regards,
    Anitha

10. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Anitha,
    Iam with you when it comes to eating outside.

Adayar Aanandha Bhavan next to Mylapore MRTS Station.Their rotis and sabjis are good , takes a while though. A meal for two would cost around Rs. 200.
    Rameshwar's near the Roaypettah flyover has something called fried dhokla for Rs. 10 per piece it's awesome.

Krispy Cream on Bawa Road has good cakes, sadwiches and pastas too. They have the wonton eatery next door. They rent the place for parties too.

Red E Drop Zone on TTK Road is another place that I love to frequent, The quality
    of their rois, saabjis, sandwiches has been maintained for so many years.

Tandooriwala near the Abhiramapuram Poilce station has Tandoori food and they have party packages also. Their service is slow but good food.

Cafe Carnival on C.P.Ramaswamy Road is the hangout for teens. Cakes, sandwiches, stuffed buns are their speciality.

Will be back with more.TA DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Food Talk must continue calling other foodies to join in.