Restaurant And Waiter Etiquette

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rihana, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Not a broom. You are indeed so out-of-date. It is called a selfie stick. Now they come with a Bluetooth remote for shutter release as well.

kaniths, Rihana and sokanasanah like this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I swear I read that as "shut her and release as well" : )

Chalo, thread went to second page. I feel like waitress said, "Dessert is on the house."

3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

I merely highlighted your insinuation that they/Nonya flew up there, avec or sans broom, to perch undetected (witchcraft!!!) taking food snaps.:lol:

Rihana likes this.
  4. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Shouldn't we have further opinions on whether to give the Camera to waitress, and take a photo of ourselves and the table - such as it is-- dishes stacked up or left alone?

Rihana likes this.
  5. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

You hyphenate "nowadays". That's out-of-date! :D

kaniths and Rihana like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I thought nowadays itself was out-of-date or more used in spoken English in India. Or more <shudder> used more by those who want to recall the better days of yore. Along the lines of "these youngsters.. nowadays.." : )

7. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Now-a-days we often see newspapers like The Hindu has an old guy (mostly guys writing these things) writing an article with a couple of pictures of old neighborhoods, and whole lot of lament about nowadays.
    I have noticed that many chinese mobile phones recognize "English(India)" as one of the set-up languages for the device. The two other versions of English are UK and USA.
    When we go to India nowadays, what with all the posh restaurants, and patrons always using their cellphones (not even on vibrate mode), what is the table etiquette ? Does the greater level of feudal spirit (serf vs. master) make it natural for the diners not to bother with the dishes on the table ? Is it proper manners in India not to eat all of what one is served at a restaurant?

re... feudal spirit: