1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rest-Essential to Bring out the Best!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Jun 23, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    Day before yesterday my elder daughter’s friends were home. They were all preparing for a project in English Literature. They chose the story “The Last Leaf” by O. Henry and were busy making a nice power-point presentation. Actually they were all very exhausted as they had come directly from school. Their last full week also was quite hectic as they had many submissions. Anyway!
    Then came a time when the skeleton of the project was ready, slides prepared, notes written nicely. Only animation effects were left to make it more user-friendly and aesthetically good. They were trying their level best but were not able to get it the way they wanted to. The frustration started coming out. One person is saying something, the other rejecting forthrightly; this guy shouting at that, that girl shouting at another one. And they all sat in gloom. I got li’l uncomfortable in such a situation as I know all of them well and they are all very well behaved otherwise. I couldn’t stop myself; I knocked at the door of my daughter’s room and asked if I can intervene. I called all of them out in the living area and gave some snacks to eat. In the mean time, I put some music of their liking. Within a few minutes they were all back to normal; cheerful, energetic and vibrant.
    Then I told them that they are all very brilliant students, very sincere, very capable. Since they are all in their teens, they are quite energetic too and hence expect a lot from their own bodies. They had to be told that their body also needs some rest. We are all Man-machines. We can do a lot of work but like any other machine our body too needs some tender care. If they won’t do so, their body would also not give the best. With other machines, it’s only their physical body which needs care from time to time. But in our case, apart from a physical body, we need to care for our mental body as well. The physical fatigue could be felt by us but mental fatigue, if not answered for can play havoc with us. So, the brain also needs some rest. You all should take a short break for eating, reading, listening to music and all, this would refresh not only your mind and body but your soul too and then you’ll come back with a bang. They all were very happy and again got engrossed in their work and to my surprise, they finished everything within a short span of an hour. Now, they are ready with their presentation which is scheduled for this Saturday. I wished them best luck and they all left with a sweet smile.
    Thus, friends, I wanna urge to all of you that please take a very good care of your mental health as well, because it is one of the most important ingredient to get success in whatever we may do!
    Regs J

2. hamsapriya

hamsapriya New IL'ite

That's a sweet little post anukarsha. I liked it a lot and whatever you've written is 100% true....:thumbsup

3. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear anukarsha

that was an essential message to all. very nicely written too. irrespective of age, I think everyone needs some break to recoup their mental strength. it can be of their own style or likings like listening music, reading favourite books, little outing etc etc. thanks dear.

ganges

4. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

thanks dear hamsapriya for your sweet reply.cheers-anu:)

5. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks my dear ganges for your loving reply.cheers-anu:)

6. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anu,
    A nice post. I fully agree with you.
    Mental fatigue can wear down a person's overall health and well-being. In some ways, it can be worse than being physically tired. This is because mental fatigue also affects a person's ability to think clearly and to express themselves. An even greater issues is that mental stress has been known to cause mental and physical fatigue along with other illnesses too!Song and dance have improved mood and enhanced mental alertness for centuries. Music and dance have powerful effects on the mind and are so good for one's spirit.
    • Imitate joy. Stand tall, smile with your whole face and breathe deeply. You will start feeling happier and refreshed. To energize when foggy or down, you can sigh deeply many times; hold your arms out in front of you for several minutes; bounce up and down on the balls of your feet. Try it. What do you have to loose?Open your mind to positive thinking, be motivated in your life, and build self esteem and self confidence. All these mental attitudes will make you happier inside and in return you will find your life colorful and energized. This will keep fatigue at bay.
    • with love
    • pad

7. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Wow padmini ma'm!i must tell this to my daughters.this is really a very helpful tip to attract positivity and energy in life.nice ma'm and thanks for your great support.Regs-anu:)