1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Resist ? No, accept !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

In life, very often, we are not able to accept
    things which are unfavourable to us
    or
    if any unexpected event takes place.
    This is a main source of sorrow and tension in our day to day life.
    Suppose we failed in an endeavour, we repeatedly tell ourselves:
    I had never expected it; I worked so hard, still I failed.
    If somebody close to us cheats us, we lament:
    I did so much for that person, still I was cheated.

We learn only from mistakes. Our biggest successes evolve only through our failures.
    We must be ready to learn lessons from our failures and not forever resist them.
    We have to choicelessly put our worry aside and just live. How do we do it?

Friends, let us learn to accept that the key to our mental peace or happiness is changing resistance to acceptance. People are good as well as bad. So, we cannot always hope only for good things to happen.

By resisting the unpleasant truth, we are neither helping the thing nor ourselves. It is not going to change because of our attitude. Ultimately our mind becomes negatively charged and our mental health is affected. Our spiritual growth comes to a standstill.
    We are not able to let it go from our mind and continuously think of it.

The right approach is not to see it with eyes of hatred but to accept it, first of all. Then we must ponder over the causes which brought this state. If it is something that cannot be changed, we have no choice, but to accept it. When we can’t do anything to change things, we must train our mind to change our reaction or response towards that thing.

Let us learn to affirm in mind:
    I will accept everything in life, no matter what happens, good or bad, pleasant or unpleasant. I realise that anything can happen in life!
    Love,
    Chithra.

sindmani likes this.

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mami, a good thought provoking blog from you.
    We can always hope only for the good..strive for the best. But in case, the outcome is not as expected, as you mentioned, we must accept it...as something to learn from. Everything happens for a reason...we must understand that the success is just postponed for now..we should try to achieve it the next time around...
    We must never allow the negative feelings to grow in us..It will start crowding out the positive feelings in us and eventually we are at the losing end...So lets accept everything thing as a lesson and work towards success...Lets keep the hope:2thumbsup:

3. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Chithra, My dear Adharsha Mangai,

Beautifully written....Felt like travelling in a boat house enjoying the breeze, closing the eyes, listening to a melody....

Yes. Life is full of trials and errors. As long as we expect only the unexpected, we are totally ready to face any situation.

Just want to share something I read. It is originally from a Chinese poem. The translation says, 'Be like water. Though, it reacts for any changes, like for a small stone thrown in, it gets back to the normal form in no minutes'.

4. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mam,
    A wonderful blog with words of wisdom deliciously served that i had it in one gulp!How true we always try to change the situation instead of conditioning ourselves to the situation.We weave a web of preconceived notion & love to live in it.Panic strikes when things dont work our way.We try to change everything except ourselves.The change that is required is Accepting instead of Expecting.

love,
    ammu

5. Chitvish

Dear Saras, yours is not a feedback...
    but is a supplement post of what I have written.This is a life lesson, I have learnt over years and wanted to share it with you all!
    Thanks for leading the FBs, Saras.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Dear picturesque friend, your words
    are as picturesque as your name - only to be expected!!
    Accept people as they are, accept situations as they arise - it is not in our hands to change them.Accepting them is choiceless, but over time, we learn a lesson!
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Dear Ammu, your words are even better than mine!
    First we expect - then if it comes against expectations, we resist.When we realise it cannot be changed, we accept happily or more often otherwise!
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear chitra,
    A nice thought pvoking blog.Yes,what can not be cured has to be endured.We have to accept life as it comes.But do we have the srength to do it all the time?Sometimes our emotions take over and one reacts to anger,disappointment,hatred in a strong manner,which is also negative in a way.But we are all human beings.
    But as yu rightly said,we can try and train our mind to accept the ineviitable and get on with life.
    Ultimately our mind becomes negatively charged and our mental [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]health[/COLOR][/COLOR] is affected. Our spiritual growth comes to a standstill.
    We are not able to let it go from our mind and continuously

think of it.
    If not for others atleast for the sake of our own mntal welfare,I think we should fill our mindas with positive thoughts and have positive waves around us.
    love
    mithila kannan
    This happens all the time killing our energy and our happiness.Atleast for our own sake we should try and fill ourselves with positive thoughts and waves.
    lve
    mithila kannan
    TT
    This happens
    think of it

This happens all the time when we reat to negative words or happenings and ponder over it all the time.It kills our energy,the creative enegy our happiness

9. Chitvish

Dear Mithila, acceptance comes only by experience, practice
    choicelessly, I would add.But very often our resistance makes us frustrated and depressed.If there is no way some things can be changed, leave alone some people, what else do we do at all, tell me? Yes, we do it more to create positive energy around us! We have to be a person whom others can tolerate!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra...

Monday morning-kku etha post :) Once we accept situations, we are more at peace to think objectively. When our minds are focussed on resisting / avoiding situations, there is a lot of mental turmoil.

It is like attending a family wedding. One knows that there will be famil politics and backbiting. But does it mean, one has to cut off from family and not attend any events? No ! One should still attend and always remember the true purpose why we are there !

At the end of the day, if the number of happy moments is more than the number of sad moments in any given period, one should be satisfied. Thats all :)

Thanks for a lovely post.
    Love and regards
    Pavithra