1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Reservations and all that Nonsense

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 11, 2007.

1. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sir...,
    What a hot topic you have taken....Wow hats off to Sindhis...Yes Sindhis n Parsis are minority too yet they dont ask for reservation.....These dirty poltcn have divided our nation based on caste n language...its very difficult to see a person who considers himself sa Indian n works for the nation....If only our ministers n people get Sindhi mentality our nation will be changed place....

Ha Ha Ha No jokes supply Sir????yet you got fbs are you testing waters heyy

2 people like this.
  2. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    Very thought provoking post. I wouldn't like to get into supporting reservation/no reservation for one sect or the other. But, I honestly feel, everyone should be given an opportunity based on merit, hard work, efforts and intelligence rather than based on any particular society distinction. There was a time when people in a particular state protested that there should be reservations created based on language, that they should be given importance in IT companies and many non language/non residents were flocking to the state capital for career reasons. Reservation was a significant move in terms of giving opportunities for those who had been suppressed by the elite society for quite long and making them and their families live better. But, it should stop there, if we start giving reservations based on more social distinctions and languages and what not, how would the supply demand chain work? What about those who really deserve in terms of hard work, effort and intelligence? As it happened with all other things, I feel reservation is one thing that we have been exploiting and misusing in a lot of ways. For a well educated, deserving person, there are thousands of private jobs, business opportunities open, government openings are not the only option. When a person does not get to choose what he wants just because he does not belong a reserved caste, it does not mean the end of the world. There are millions of so called elite caste boys and girls who have managed to finish their education, join private companies and live happy. Government jobs, IITs, IIMs etc are not the only options. If one's ego and caste pride prevents them from trying opportunities other than what they are used to, it is their loss, it is afterall a free country, full of opportunities. Where there is a will, there is a way, reservation or the lack of it is just an excuse one gives for not being able to run behind opportunities. Nothing comes easy, there is no easy money, nothing pays better than hard work and effort.

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nettem,

Welcome to my posts. From where did u dig out this 4 year old post eh ! And thanks to u it got a new lease of life.

What i said so many years back, is relevant still today. When doctors come not on merit but on caste basis, how can u trustur live to them.

why not make it compulsory for politicians to be treated and operated upon by these reservation doctors eh !
    no wonder our politicans go abroad for treatment, they know what they will get here.HAHA

i read the links, shameful for a top ranker to not get what he wants.What to say Nettem.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aspire,

Yes Ambedkar meant that , as u say, that one from a family should get a job and after 10 or 15 years the practice should be stopped, but the politicians kept it going to get votes of these people.Sad

Regards

kamal

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear RAji,

Yes an old blog but still relevant. As i said, u can start anything small, and slowly it grows big. We must come up by hard work, and not by these doles, which are shameful.

Regards

kamal

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear VJ,

This old blog of 4 years was brought back to life by Nettem.So thank her for getting to read this one.

Well i started to post jokes just a few months back, previously my blogs were without jokes.HAHA

Regards

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Navs,

Well said. jsut imagine a pilot or a doctor, under whom ur life is at stake, they are not good at their jobs, bcs they came in thru reservation and not on merit ?

yes govt jobs, as u rightly say are not the end of the world, IT companies dont have the reservation, they take u soley on merit.Agreed whre there is a will there is a way, so well said Navs, uare wise beyond yr years.

Yes nothing comes easy in life, we have to work hard for our way up, there are opportunities galore for everyone who is honest and willing to work hard, and having faith in the almighty, the sky is the limit.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji...
    So nows your turn to dig out your old ones n post....as it is as much likable as it was then ...I guess

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bunny,

You know this gives me more homework to do, for i had forgotton what i had written, see i am getting old, rather i am old, and i had to read the blog again.HAHA

So if u want i have around 500 blogs on indus, check them out.HAHA

REgards

kamal

10. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

@ Kamalji i can say only one thing sir.aisa hai mera desh .leave the country to the politicians. Be in good health & make good money, to provide standard of living for the family that they deserve.