Research on Reincarnation...

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by anukarsha, Jul 9, 2011.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am pursuing my PhD in Metaphysics. I am doing a research on "Reincarnation." Please write back about your views on the topic of "Reincarnation." If you know someone who is believed to be a reincarnation of forefathers of the family, friends; please feel free to write back. I am gathering some proper basis to support the theory of reincarnation.

Your help would prove a milestone in conducting my research with some basis to support otherwise debated metaphysical aspect.

Thanks a lot. Have a great day!

Regards
    anu :)

2 people like this.

2. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Please do read Dr.Brian Wiess'book-MANY LIVES ...MANY MASTERS...

It gives a good insight into the subject.

4 people like this.
  3. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Great Research Topic. I do believe in Reincarnation. One of my Catholic friend made fun of this subject and told me that why shoud I believe in this stupid idea. I told her that God has started "Recycling" the spirit just like we do glass, papers etc ( Go Green). In every house older people always say that some grand pa or grand ma are reborn. I don't have first hand experience. The book by Dr. Weiss is very good. If I come across someone, will let you know.
    Good Luck.
    CL

2 people like this.
  4. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Shakambari :)
    Thanks for your reply. I've read that book, and many others like that. But here, I am looking for some day-to-day examples from our Indian families. That book is based on PLR (Past life regression), and I am not very much in support of PLR. Anyway. Thanks once again.
    cheers-anu:)

5. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi coffeelover:)
    Thanks dear for your reply. Your reply has come as a respite on a rainy Saturday morning; it's raining heavily and hot steaming cuppa coffee. Nothing like that.LOL.
    Dear I liked your idea of going green this way.hehehe. I've read that book and many others, but I am looking for some substantial evidence in this matter. I know a few people who staunchly believe that the particular baby born in their family is a reincarnation of someone from their own family. If you all know someone like that please do let me know.Thanks once again.
    Cheers-anu:)

6. GeethaMR

GeethaMR Silver IL'ite

This is a nice subject for PhD indeed.
    I can only suggest a book The Law Of Karma by Robert E Svoboda available on online book selling sites like Flipkart etc.
    Sorry, if my suggestion is of little use.
    Cheers,
    Geetha

7. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear Geetha for your humble reply and also for liking my post.

I'm actually looking for some compelling evidence that suggests that reincarnation is for real. Thanks for your suggestion of the book "The Law of Karma." I've read this book and many others on reincarnation and journey of the soul. But want to do some serious research on Reincarnation.

I'm trying for evidences from meditations, readings from Akashic records, or real life incidents suggesting reincarnation etc. Anyway. Thank you for your help.
    Cheers-Anu:)

8. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

Hi Anu,

It is a very nice topic!!! Few days back I was discussing about reincarnation with my friend. He infact had a different idea. He is not a spiritual person. He is more philosophical and humanitarian. I didnt except him to believe in reincarnation. His view was totally different. He told me that all of us will die and it is not necessary that we will reincarnate in one form instead we will all be in different forms. After we die, either we are buried or burnt. Buried means, grass grows on it, animals eat them and here is a form of reincarnation. Burnt means, we are in the form of air which is being inhaled by many people and so we are reincarnated by giving life to others...
    I was actually stunned by his reply...

4 people like this.
  9. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi getstrngth! Thanks very much for your reply. It is very interesting to know the views of your friend. Indeed.

Actually everyone looks at reincarnation with a different perspective. Western religions don't believe in it while Hinduism and other Eastern religions believe. It's very facinating to study this.

We are indeed born in different forms as per our karma. We've free will to incarnate, when, where, why, etc.

Anyway. Thank you so much.Cheers-Anu:)

10. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

You are most welcome Anu!!! Do let me know how your research is going on... And thanks for mentioning those books. I'm trying to download the book...