Request idea on opening Biryani shop by quitting job, will it be successful?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by deeptisharma31, Feb 12, 2013.

1. deeptisharma31

deeptisharma31 New IL'ite

Hi,

My DH and myself hav query regarding starting business by quitting job as both of us were working wherein I have small baby and there is no elder or relative there in our family to take care of our baby wen I go to job, I am scared to leave him in day care or creche, so I have quit my job last year.. My hubbies income is not enough for us, so wat we have planned is to quit his job and open a biryani shop as his family are well trained in tat business. But will it be successful, cos once he leave his job he cant rejoin. Both of us are confused to take a decision.

Will biryani shop gives us good profit.
    Which areas are good to start biryani shop in chennai, In our mind we have Triplicane,Arumbakkam(our own building),T nagar and Koyambedu. If you know any brokers Please let me know.

Please advice on our career and how to take care of our baby If we both work.

2. Annasri

Annasri Silver IL'ite

Before taking a risk of u both quitting the job ,why not slowly try with u r husband job in hand and work hard and earn a name in u r biryani shop ,quality plays a main role when food involves,so first get a name ,then after stead growth in u r biryani then u r husband can join u resigning his job ,u can start home level shop in the evening r on holidays alone and first earn a good name .

2 people like this.
  3. SKMK

SKMK New IL'ite

dont let your husband resign his job. that will make you in problems. biryani making is not very dificult. along side you also plan other things like tiffin items and fastfood items like noodles etc. it is easy and some consistent returns will be assured just if you place in a good public place

4. TPandita

TPandita New IL'ite

well this all will require you to work hard on making your business a BRAND since it sounds like a new concept and unless you have some highly tempting options of biryani in store With attractive garnishing you may not get many repeat customers...

5. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

always have a backup plan. either you work and your husband try new adventures or your husband works and you work with a partner for the new adventure. if you want to start your own business, why not try a working from home opportunity. also create a business plan before you start any business.

1 person likes this.