1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Request for Devan's Miss Janaki novel

Discussion in 'Books & Authors in Regional Languages' started by mouli27, May 31, 2011.

1. mouli27

mouli27 New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I'm a new addition to IL family :)
    Im Chandramouli, a Software Engineer from Chennai.
    I have most of the novels of Devan, but unfortunately dont have Miss.Janaki.
    I found that this has been posted in the following threads http://www.indusladies.com/forums/b...e-tamil-novels-give-your-293.html#post1689828 and http://www.indusladies.com/forums/b...s/98374-share-tamil-novels-give-your-259.html

I tried downloading from scribd and webfilehost but they have been deleted. And since those threads have been closed, i'm posting this new thread. Can you please share the same or upload it somewhere and then share the link here. I will download it and then you can immediately delete it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Mouli

2. malathivenku

malathivenku Bronze IL'ite

I am also eagerly waiting for this novel as also other novels of Devan. can any body help us? Thanks in advance.

3. mouli27

mouli27 New IL'ite

Dear Malathi,

I have Devan's novels, but 99% of them are under copyright and hence i wont be able to scan and upload. But there is one novel of him from Union Publishing House which is no longer there. I will try to scan and upload it. I guess there wont be any copyright issues for this novel.

Regards,
    Mouli

4. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Hi mouli,

I just wanted to clarify something. Without source credit to author and source link (which should not be an external blog link), no pdf novels will be allowed to be uploaded in IL. Please keep this in mind if you want to share pdf novels here.

Thank You and happy reading!!

5. malathivenku

Hi Mouli,

Where are these old books available? I guess they are available at half rate in Chennai, Coimbatore etc. If yes, I can buy them and the shop keeper can courier them to me since I live in Bangalore.

Regards,
    Malathi

6. mouli27

mouli27 New IL'ite

Hi Malathi,

I tried scouring through the old book shops in chennai. But i was unlucky to catch hold of such old books. But the flip side is 'Kizhakku Pathipagam' is publishing most of Devan's novels and i bought those ones. print quality is good and paper is good, not the acidic ones used to print books some 10-15 years back. You can buy online at www.nhm.in and they will ship to Karnataka. I got hold of some old Devan books, though not novels but short stories, at Alliance company book stall in Chennai Book fair.

Regards,
    Mouli

7. malathivenku

Hi Mouli,

Thanks for your prompt response. I will go though the link. Kizhakku pathipagam - is there any website?
    Regards
    Malathi

8. mouli27

mouli27 New IL'ite