Rents in Dubai

Discussion in 'Housing in Dubai' started by RamyaSridhar1978, Jul 13, 2008.

1. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi All,
    Well i wanted some information regarding the life out in Dubai .We are Shortly going to come to Dubai my husband has got a new job offer.I wanted some information regarding the rent out there? The normal household expenses?Fuel expenses?..My husband has got a job out at Jebel_ali.What is the means of transport to the same?.How far is it from Dubai?..Are there any residential areas out there?..Which is the appropriate place to stay in rent if not near jebel-Ali?.I have heard of places like Bur-Dubai,Khamara...please suggest .
    Also how is the system of rent out there?.. is it in advance ?how long is the property lease out there?.Do you know of any ?.. Is the sharing basis feasible ?..If you know of anyone who is willing to please let me know all these details ..I will be obliged since i know no one out there...
    Thanks and Regards
    Ramya
    s

2. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hey Ramya,

Congratulations on the new offer! We have been living in Dubai for the past 2 years and let me share with you what I know..

Dubai life is becoming awfully expensive.. the basic necessities like rent, grocery have risen sky high.. I live in BurDubai and I pay AED 75000 as rent per annum.. Its quite difficult to get accomodation in BurDubai and Karama and Jebel Ali is quite far off from these places..

Here they take rent in either one cheque or two cheques or four cheques.. this totally depends on the owner and your negotiation skills. By one cheque I mean that the rent being paid as a single cheque. there is no monthly payment system here. Also, sharing accomodation has been prohibited by the government recently.

The only thing that is cheap is the fuel.. but getting a driving licence is going to be a nightmare.. Just make sure that you accomodate the rising expenses in your husband's pay package..

This is my view.. I am sure more experienced ILites in Dubai will come out with their ideas soon..

Good Luck!
    Sylvia