1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Rental Apartment Wear And Tear Charges

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Vedhavalli, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Is rental apartments charging from 500$ to 1000$ for wear and tear is normal?
    One of my friend who is having a toddler got charges for 900$ charges after vacating the place. Another friend got 500$ , and it seems every leasing company charges ranging from 250$ to 1500$.

Is there any way to reduce this amount??

Despite keeping it clean, spic and span. That friend got 500$. Gives me blues

2. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Charges are based on how the house is left. Carpet, kitchen stove, scribbles in wall, stains in floor or carpet. You can hire a professional cleaner who charge 70-150$ based on number of rooms. They clean kitchen stove tough stains, carpet,bathroom e.t.c. Last year I moved from a apartment to condo. We hired a cleaner who charged 170$ . Apart from that my aprtment charged 150$ . So tatally I paid for 170+150 $. You can buy primer in shops and you can do just touch up on stained walls. (Do it after asking the leasing office). Mainly they charge most for stained dirty carpets. We stayed in a aprtment for 5 years ,so they didn’t charge for carpet.

sindmani likes this.