1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

rent payment directly from checking account is it ok??

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by deepshikha, Nov 21, 2007.

1. deepshikha

deepshikha Senior IL'ite

Hi friends, my new apartment management is giving me a deal of $150 off the move in rent if i agree to pay monthly rent directly through our checking account. I am not sure if it is ok to do so. Can you give me some opinions? Is it possible that they may keep charging us even if we opt to terminate our lease in the middle? is it ok to give the apt management charge of withdrawing rent from our account. Please help me decide. thanks

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

As far as I understand this process,the apartment office cannot charge directly to your account.It is you who has to set up the process with your bank so that a check gets automatically generated every month and is sent to your apartment office. We have directed our bank to do the same and have been doing this for the past 3 yrs.The only difference in our case is that,the check comes to our home address every month and we go to the apartment office and drop it off personally.This way,we don't have to sit and wonder whether the check has reached them or not every month since we will be personally dropping it at their office.

3. rithi

rithi New IL'ite

You can give the checking ac. information but I think you can ask your bank people to run that transaction as credit. I'm not sure. I can ask around and get back to you later

rithi