removing nest from home-superstition

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by lavii, Oct 24, 2008.

1. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Hi ,

we have quite a few nests formed by sparrows on diff ventilators at home..and due to disturbance at home in the early morn my MIL made my DH to remove the nests ..i am lil superstious ..i knw having sparrow nests at home is assumed to give gud fortune..juz want to chk will it cause some problems as we removed it .please advise as i was not able to stop them in doing that act ..neither i knw a sol if this causes some adverse effects...

Thanks

2. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Hi lavii,

You would have got cleared of this . Else i have few thoughts. Nest is nothing but the home of those sparrows. Discarding it is like demolishing their home, thats it. So You can keep the nest just outside you home, inside your compund where none feels to be disturbed and those sparrows too. Keep posting in IL!!! Queries here after will be responded soon !!!!

3. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

I have the same issue with pigeons, infact once when i called some one to clean the place, we saw two tiny eggs, the person who came to clean told he wud not remove the eggs, my mother also told me not to remove the eggs, it causes the mother pigeon to curse us ... i am really wondering whts to be done as the area cannot be utilized at all, the pigeons are dirty birds, there is pigeon poop all over the place ....

4. kj2008

kj2008 Senior IL'ite

We also had a nest of myna outside the window of our house. I thinking it wud b bad to remove the nest never bothered abt it though it created lot of nuisance. Once the eggs hatched and birds flew away we had bird mites all over the house..It was such a nightmare...it used to bite us and kids(4yr old)...finally we had to call the pest control people to remove these...Such a bad phase it was...Ended up paying a huge amount to get this cured

Finally now I have decided not to let the birds make nest near my windows...I just shoo them away