1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Removing cement from floor

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by meenakshiraju, Jun 27, 2010.

1. meenakshiraju

meenakshiraju Silver IL'ite

Hi

We are renovating our house. My problem is that, the cement is getting stuck to the already existing mosaic floor.

Since the work has not come to an end, the floor is getting worse day by day. Can anyone suggest me a solution??? If cement remains on the floor for a long time, does it become unremovable. Please give me a solution quickly

2. lovelydecor

lovelydecor New IL'ite

You have to just follow follwing steps

1.Pour a small amount of the acetone fingernail polish remover out on top of the contact cement and allow this to sit for five minutes. This will help to loosen the hold that the cement has on the floor.

2.Wipe up the fingernail polish remover with the rag and rinse the rag thoroughly with cold water.

3.Use the edge of the razor blade in the handle to lift the edge of the contact cement from the floor. The fingernail polish remover will have loosened the hold just enough for you to slide the razor blade beneath the edge. Use minimal pressure against the floor to scrape and lift the cement. Usually, it will peel up just enough for you to grab the edge you've worked on.

4.Pull the edge of the contact cement and remove completely from the floor.

5.Pour a small amount of hydrogen peroxide on the area to clean away the effects of the nail polish remover, and allow it to sit until it no longer bubbles.

6.Wipe the area completely with the cleaned, wet rag and allow the area to dry completely.

3. Lucywu2012

Lucywu2012 New IL'ite

You had better follow the fist people's idea. If you don't want it to stay there!!:thumbsup