1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

removed thali by mistake

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by vidgopal, Sep 13, 2011.

1. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Re: removed thali by mistake :-(

Consider this as a test of God. The quickness with which your husband attended to the sacred cord is a testimony of his commitment to you.

2. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

OP,

Thali is just a symbol indicating that you are married and nothing more than that.
    Don't think too much about it even if it fell off accidently or you removed it on purpose.
    So drop your worries and cheer up!!!!

shravs3 and freddycat like this.
  3. ashmitha1508

ashmitha1508 Silver IL'ite

Hey don worry ma... For me also it happened once by mistake.. a wave of fear passed through my heart.... pray to kamatchi amman... everything will be alright...
    note:[​IMG]
    My husband got scared more then me!!!!

4. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Your tension is only because in south india women are conditioned like that. Please dont worry yourself. Thali is only a SYMBOL only. In fact, in Arya Samaj weddings, they do all vedic rituals but tell the couple that Thali is only optional, if they want only. Nothing bad will happen, please dont imagine bad things for you . Be brave and rational .

2 people like this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

There are plenty of South Indian Brahmin women, too, who do not wear any of these symbols.

sbonigala and anushri like this.
  6. VeeJee

VeeJee New IL'ite

ONLY LOVE :kiss UNITES COUPLES!! No other strings attached!!
    When self confidence level goes low, fear shoots up high! Time to think about safety matters first!
    One incident right in front of my eyes, two guys in motorcycle cut away the thali of our aunty using a knife and fled the scene! Very narrow escape from being slit in the throat!! The husband came rushing and ordered her NOT TO WEAR THALI ever again!! Safety comes first! Husband who love their wife will prescribe the same!
    THINK and ACT! Treasure the thoughts and action of the relationship and NOT just the treasures!!

shravs3 likes this.
  7. freddycat

freddycat Platinum IL'ite

First time when it happened to me, felt nervous. DH's reaction, he laughed at me and said, whatever makes me comfortable. Over time boxed it, put in the locker as my friends did. It is no longer practical or safe to wear the heavy gold chain, any more. Now, when I visit my parents, I wear black beads chain (less gold). My mom was making big fuss, saying it is NOT 'us', the community. My bro who lived in North, convinced my mom, most of the married Indian women wear black beads/bangles (one more vote for me! in my house legislation). Personally, I feel wearing the ring (like westerners) saves the question about me!

8. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

even i have done it on one or two occasions because there are situations like medical images and lots of other eg. do not worry. it is just the way we are brought up and later u will realise that it is all due to our thoughts. just ignore. i myself have seen some south indian brahmins who casually told in their talk that she does not wear thali when going abroad as she does not feel safe as well for other reasons. so there is no hard and fast rule for it. even in India it is becoming really hard to wear thalis outside as it is very unsafe nowadays.

9. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Hi.... to make you feel even better... I belong to the same community as you and my thaali is safely locked in my jewelry box. It's been a couple of years since I wore it! My husband is hale and healthy and we are doing just fine. So don't worry... :)

10. nivu

nivu Senior IL'ite

I somehow felt there was no need for one person to specifically bring caste into picture....OP never said only brahmins wear or anything..she was just sharing the details.