1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

removed thali by mistake

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by vidgopal, Sep 13, 2011.

1. vidgopal

vidgopal Bronze IL'ite

Re: removed thali by mistake :-(

Wow..thanks so nuch all for these replies..i have no worries anymore.. I now knw its all in our mind and bhakti alone matters..
    Thanks once again for these lovely msgs. I am feeling so much relieved now:)

1 person likes this.
  2. Raindoll

Raindoll New IL'ite

I too feel the same as above answers. Sentiment should be in heart and not in jewels or forceful customs. Moroever, you did not do it deliberatly so chillax.

3. naikkunda

naikkunda Bronze IL'ite

Not at all...jst pack your worry in box and throw it faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away....:):)

Think positive and all will be fine...:cool2:

Did you say "mistake"? so GOD knows it ....He is alwaaaaaaaays there 2 forgive us...His children...have FAITH in HIM...... n everything will DEFINATELY b FINE...now Cheer Up n SMILE...:):)

4. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidgopal,

There is nothing to worry about. Times have changed dear. I personally believe that a mangalsutra/thaali is just something that symbolises your marital status. It is not going to effect your married life in anyway. Trust, Understanding, Love, Caring and Sharing....these are the things that signify a healthy and happy married life.

So, just put this thought aside and move on....

1 person likes this.
  5. modernwoman

modernwoman Senior IL'ite

Hi
    It is all in your thoughts.Many cultures do not wear thali ,do something bad always happen to their hubbies.
    Its all a belief in different cultures.If you think rationally ,do you think saying a flew slokas can change the future .
    Its our thoughts that matter ,positive thooughts bring about positive stuff and negative thoughts negative stuff.
    Our culture teaches us to be god fearing so that we have something to bind us ..but thats not the end of the world.
    These are all customs and rituals which made sense in the olden times ,not anymore.

2 people like this.
  6. Pragadha

Pragadha Senior IL'ite

hi lovingmylyf,

I am sorry if i hurt u. I didnt mean to hurt anyone. i said like that as i like these things in your culture and not like teasing it. i know for sure thali differs in every culture and tradition, just said like an example and not to hurt malayalees. sorry once again if i said something that bothers u.

7. priyasudheer

priyasudheer Silver IL'ite

Hi
    Dont worry for this, it has been happened accedently nothing will happen for that.

8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I agree with Satchi...I know a person who doesnt wear heer MangalSutra though she was tied one during weddin ceremony....Her Dh is fine...So dont worry...

9. vidyacvn

vidyacvn Silver IL'ite

I really dont think this is a cause for worry. It happened to me too. My chain just gave way and my thali fell down.These are things that happen unintentionally. Just believe in God and He will take care of the rest. Your thali coming off does not indicate any bad thing. Happens to man y of us. Relax.

10. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

No need to worry, though I am little sentimental about thali and bindi, but I do remove when I am in a parlor or swimming pool but ware immediately when the job is done. My sister who is in US and is working wares thali only when her in laws visit her because she feels un comfortable in western out fits specially when she wares single strap tops etc., but still she and her DH share a great relationship and even her DH doesn't mind it.
    Where as my DH is equally sentimental about thali he was shocked when I removed it in a resort pool and I put it back immediately.
    All depends on our views, so dont worry.