1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Remembering those Old days!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Jun 21, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    Yesterday, I was just browsing through our old photo albums. I bet, everybody will get nostalgic to see such old snaps where you are very young, wearing only minimal, summer clothing. Then came a snap of three of us- me, my elder brother and my cousin- my mama’s (maternal uncle’s) son. We were all 8-9 years old then. And here I went into a ‘Flash back’.
    It was summer vacation time. We went to my maternal uncle’s place. Though they were staying in the same city, we used to go there and stay for a few days. My mami (maternal aunt) makes yummy dosas. We would always look for an opportunity to go to mami’s house to have those lovely dosas. After having enough of dosas, we three kids went on terrace to play. Just two days back we had watched Ramayan movie. So we were enacting the abduction of Ma Sita and subsequent war between Lord Ram and Ravan. My Elder brother was Ram, me-Sita and my cousin Ravan. I was very thin then, Ravan would catch hold me and I would slip from his hands. Ram shouted, Oh! What kinda Ravan are you? You can’t abduct Sita? Shame on you Ravan! Probably the testosterone in Ravan got activated and with infinite energy, he ran away with me. Ram is clapping, wow! What a scene
    Then started the war between them. We made bows out of broom and thread and arrows from cardboard. Here, Ravan is challenging Ram, “You call yourself an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, come on kill me if you can!” And Ram got excited. He aimed his arrow towards Ravan. Ravan was in an obvious mood to win this war, so he said, “Ram, if you think you are a great archer, aim your arrow towards my left eye.” And Ram did the same. But the arrow missed the eye and touched my cousin’s forehead. Here Ravan is shouting, “oh Ram, you don’t even know how to aim at me, you can’t kill me. Sita is mine.”
    And there came my granny shouting to stop such a play. She had just returned from hospital and was tired. It was a very hectic day for her with many deliveries and all. Looking at something stupid like this, she shouted badly at both the boys and spanked them. I being the youngest of all and a girl too, was spared this time with a warning not to indulge in such games as they may hurt us.
    Now every time I think about this incident, I thank God, for saving my cousin’s eye. Had that arrow hit him in the eye, god forbid, what would have happened to him and may be for his life-time. Lord Ram saved all of us that day. But the conversation between Ram and Ravan still brings a sweet smile on my face.
    Cheers J

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012

2. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

:idontgetit: why do the boys get all the spanking?

1 person likes this.
  3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Aspire dear, "a question worth million dollars!!!"

They were fighting and not me. I was only a spectator.:hide:

4. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Hmmm...life is not fair....and I thought that it was a play done by all three of you and the Ramayan scene playing out. You could also have told Granny that they were enacting the role and not really fighting, but then you became only a spectator :)

5. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Yes Aspire, I did tell my granny. But my granny knew these two boys are mischievous. And imagine, if my brother would have hit at the right place, my cousin would have got blind for life!!!! She just wanted to warn them of enacting such plays that could harm anyone.