1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Remembering Mythili[mithila kannan]

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear LN Sir,

I fondly remember interaction with Mrs.Mythili when she was not keeping great health. But it never showed up in her responses. I am delighted to know about her literary journey with you and the accolades she collected during her delightful journey as a writer. The credit should go to wonderful writer in her as well as to you for being a pillar of strength in supporting her effort.

Congratulations on publishing the collection of snippets. What a great way to remember a sweet woman you had the pleasure spending your entire life with.

With kind regards

Viswa

2. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa,
    Thanks for your thoughtful FB. The journey becomes enjoyable in a mutually supportive environment. Though we were poles apart in many things we converged in respect of literary efforts.It was sheer divine grace that I got her companionship for over four decades.
    Regards
    Lakshiminarayanan

3. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear LN Sir,

First of all kudos to all your efforts in getting Mithila Mam's work published. You had been the strength and support to her in making sure her literary works get the due recognition and make memories of her life and skills.

I'm feeling really happy that "Indusladies" platform played a small role in getting some of her great works reach many women. I'm sure her writing skills not only gave the reading pleasure, but had been a great motivation and enthusiasm to many budding writers here.

Regards,
    Malathy

1 person likes this.
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear LN sir,

Don't know why, I still get very emotional when I think of dear Mythili.

Her snippets were full of life, lively and about living. She had a joi de vivre and addressed everyone in friendly tone and terms. We exchanged few personal pms which I enjoyed very much, felt close to her.

Reading your very affectionate and loving narration about your dear departed wife brought tears to my eyes. Yes, all of us have to go one day. But as we are still here, she is missed among us.

Very happy to know that you both will be bound forever in your book and glad that we at IL are remembered for our very small role in your lives.

Hello Mythili, you must be smiling wherever you are!

L, Kamla

5. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Malathy,
    Thanks.The book includes Mythili's and my writings.Out of around 300 articles 75 best have been selected for the book.Human memory is short lived but the book will perpetuate her memory.You are modest about IL's role but for us IL is an extended family.FB from Kamla and Cheeniya were enough to spur Mythili to come out with her imaginative best.You have enthused many to attempt writing.You can extend your role a little further in bringing a book of the finest posts.Over the years IL is playing a multi faceted role and building up a cohesive community of budding writers.Keep it up.
    Regards
    Lakshiminarayanan

6. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamla,
    Thanks.See my reply to Malathy on IL's significant role in our active association with you all.You as an individual and your comments had a salutary effect on Mythili.An appreciative heart brightens a dreary day and that is what we have done.Every day some thing or other happens reminding us of Mythili and believe me she directs many of our actions by remote control.
    Regards
    Lakshiminarayanan

1 person likes this.
  7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lakshiminarayan

That was such a lovely tribute to the lovely lady of IL as well as the special person of your heart.
    Having read yours and Mithila's snippet here, This indeed needs a recognition and what better can this be than publishing both your work in the forum of a book.
    Yes and icing on the cake is that it got released on her anniversary.

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

So happy to know that MK's snippets have all been published! They would sure make a treasure for everyone to read. Where is the book available? Congratulations to you too. You couldn't have honoured her memory better!

9. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Aruna,
    Thanks.Words cannot do adequate justice to the great soul she was but the book will keep her memory evergreen.
    I have developed and left a small garden[mithila corner] in a retirement village where I seek space and solitude now and then.
    Regards
    Lakshiminarayanan

10. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,
    Thanks.The book was surprisingly or otherwise released in US first.I expect Indian launch through Amazon India,Flip cart etc. shortly.Shall keep you posted.
    Regards
    lAKSHIMINARAYANAN

1 person likes this.