1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Remedies for Kidney Stones

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by honeyj, Apr 8, 2011.

1. honeyj

honeyj Senior IL'ite

hello all ladies

Can any give home remedies for Kidney stones.

thanks & regards
    Honeyj

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

it depends on the type of stones.

drinking lot of water. plantain pith juice. coconut water.

avoiding cabbage and greens.

3. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Get neurnji mul and boil 5 to 6 of them in water at night. Strain the water and drink every morning in empty stomach. After 10 days you can see stones coming out through urine. All foods that contain pricks are good for kidney stones

1 person likes this.
  4. Jyothikrishnan

Jyothikrishnan New IL'ite

Barley water is good for kidney stones. More than that horse grams. Fry and boil horsegrams(kollu) It is difficult to get cooked. So pressure cook it. Then for about 2tablespoons of horsegrams add one litre of water and boil it and drink it. Any item made of horsegrams is good for kidneys . So we can make kollu podi, kollu thogayal also.

5. AnkithaP

AnkithaP Junior IL'ite

Last year same month I was diagnosed with kidney stones. Now I don't have stones. Stones were 6mm & 8mm, had in both kidneys. I use to drink lemon juice every day. Tulsi tablet every alternative weeks. I again did a scanning this year May(2014), there was no stones.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  6. DonaldJones

DonaldJones New IL'ite

Kidney is a very important part of your body,some of the reasons of kidney stones are eating unhealthy food,drinking soft drinks and alcoholic beverages in a large amount.So,change your diet a little bit and add some vegetable foodies like basil,magnesium,organic celery,kidney beans etc.

7. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

Hi

drink lots of water.

my amma had it, doctor asked to reduce intake of tomatoes, milk, some type of spinach etc.( we are vegetarians)

try to identify what causes it- some caused by intake of a lot of calcium rich food,.

then what amma used to do is- there is a plant- " kallurukki" ( in Malayalam, it means - the one that melts the stone).no clue what is named in English, or other language.

how ever this plant was available at home itself , so she used to take it- clean, and boil it in water, and drink this water.

recommended to her colleague also, worked for them too.

it works.

regards
    resmij