I'm a non IT engineer and paused my career in 2019 to concentrate on family goals. Been trying to get back to job from past 1 year. Not very successful, one reason is I stay in a city which has lot of IT companies. Unfortunately mine is a core field and there are only a handful firms for me to try and give interviews. In these handful firms either my CV isn't moving forward or I am not able to crack the interview because of discipline mismatch and start my career again. Have tried everything to get back to my old firm. Again not very successful in that because of so many politics. Anyways after this I started exploring options in cities which are good for my field. Now I have an offer with 30 percent hike( yeah that's the max they are offering with 2+ years career break) in a city which is 6hr drive from current city. My husband has a job in current city and can no ways leave that and come as now we are completely dependent on his salary and he is the primary earning member of the family. IF I GO I NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING: Option 1 : Shift there along with my 15m old leaving my husband n in laws behind in current city . But to do this I need complete help of my parents . So totally from scratch I need to set up a house there, take complete care of all our expenses . We will not be saving much given the expenses involved BUT WE WILL HAVE SAVINGS as compared to no savings at all now. Now there's a catch here. My parents are at times unreliable and they want to enjoy their retired life and keep planning small tours every now and then. For eg : They are planning their 5th tour for the month of December . They already went on 4 and 5th one is lined up for this weekend. Delta or Omicron nothing matters their tour has to happen. It's not that I was totally unemployed . I did take up a course in April this year and started working part time on that from August. From September their tours started. We kept managing by me not working when they were not around. Having a full time nanny was so out of question for us given that Financially it was very difficult. My mother is ready to come with me and stay in new city and she does promise to cut down on tours but she is somebody who cannot keep up her words. My dad starts planning and she will just forget what she promised and carry on with their tours. This would put me in such a tough situation working full time (no work from home option) and managing a toddler who is yet to be put in any day care or anything. Option 2: My old maid/cook who was helping me in my old house is ready to relocate with me leaving her husband behind who works as a security guard. This one has apparently lost all her jobs due to Covid and is back from her village and told me if I can pay her well she is ready to relocate and stay full time with me and do all the chores and look after the lil one full day. Taking her along I will be paying her more but to some extent rent will come down as just me her and baby dont need a bigger house as compared to taking my aged parents who will require a bigger and comfortable accommodation. My husband's option : Take the maid with me, keep my mother's help as a bonus. I know about my parents. They will plan more tours in this case reasons being : 1) I have a full time help and their help is only a bonus. 2) I take care of all the expenses and what ever retirement income they get is completely reserved for more n more tours. ( they never think of saving and want to live the life to fullest). This option seems more viable but i should pay higher rent as well as good salary for maid. By taking up this job I can 1) Fill my career gap 2) Regain my financial independence which I regret losing 3) Start some savings as whatever my husband gets is cut to cut for home loan n other expenses and we have put all other term insurance and few other retirement plan on hold. My salary will definitely help. 4) I'm thinking this as a temporary option(2 years and want to come back before we start school for the lil one) and will come back to current city provided I get decent offer and a good role to take up. The gap currently is creating a bit of an issue. Some challenges: 1) setting up new home, adjusting to new city which I'm fine but my dad is a bit fussy given the climate etc. 2) We cannot completely vacate my parents house in current city . And we'll have to anyway pay maintenance to that house whether we keep it locked or stay there. So ideally me and husband will be managing 3 houses with 2 salaries. 3) husband will have to do frequent trips between the two cities as he has to go to office for 2 days in a week. Rest of the time he can come to new city. I'm not sure how my in laws will manage If my husband is not around when he comes to new city for a week stay. They do need company and are not comfortable staying alone by themselves. If need arises I will have to shuttle Between two cities . 4) Hard for my dad to stay put in new city. I'm sure he's gonna keep going to n fro between the two cities. Accounting all this expenditure we will still save something and i will be starting my career again with a good firm. Two main points I'm looking at after all thr challenges Still Confused to accept the offer and move ahead. I should fill all details and send them in the next two days. Am I missing something? Will it be a good decision to move.? Very confused and feel guilty to hold my parents at one place for my career . It's not that they won't plan n go on their trip . They will definitely go . But I want to be prepared to handle it.