Relocating to London from Singapore

Discussion in 'Indians in London' started by chaimahalingam, Apr 3, 2010.

1. chaimahalingam

chaimahalingam New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

We are an Indian couple from Bangalore moving to London in June and would like to learn few things about London to better equip ourselves when we come there..

We were wondering what our Cost of Living would be for a couple and what idealistic savings at the end of the month we can look at..

We are looking to having a Single Bedroom Apartment preferably in Zone 3 (Googling showed this area with rentals to be lower than the other zones. But we arent too sure of the locality)

What would be the wishuful take home salary (after deducting tax) that we can look at

2. manojd059

manojd059 New IL'ite

Hi :) Mrs.Mahalingam or :) Mr. Mahalingam What ever... Nice meeting u here and warm welcome to London.... :cheers

First thing to be know r u coming for work or going to stay here and search for job??? Like this we can ask many ques :idea and u too can ask many and many ques... Keep a side asking ques and make ur mind free.

It is very simple to lead life where u go , Only thing if u dont have job in the beginnig u have to spend ur own money for someday till u get job after that we used to stick to UK money and start playing with pounds like Rupees.

So dont think more and get afraid :hide: everything will be fine. As i am a small boy when comparing to u, dont mistake my advise...Whats the current needs i said..

Any how have a great trip. :thumbsup

See u :cheers
    Manoj

3. manojd059

manojd059 New IL'ite

I think u got tense by seeing my reply....Sorry for tat if im wrong

4. manojd059

manojd059 New IL'ite

Hi friend..hw r u??? Have u both moved to London safely or have to start???

5. Asha2010

Asha2010 New IL'ite

Hello Chainmahalingam

Welcome to London! Sorry for the delay in replying...I m sure you must be settled by now in London....Any queries....just post here and we will be pleased to help...
    Thanks
    Asha