Relocating To Doha ....Help Needed

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by indian2014, Feb 19, 2014.

1. indian2014

indian2014 New IL'ite

Dear All

Hi

My Husband got offer in Doha of QR 14500. They are giving family status .
    Accommodation we have to arrange . We are not completely aware of Cost of Living in Doha. Can some one guide me regarding monthly expense.( 1 BHK +G rosary +Electric Bill+Internet+Transportation+Misc)

It will be great help for us for taking right decision.

Thank you.

2. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Welcome to IndusLadies community!!!

Glad to know that you are relocating to Doha.

1 BHK in Doha costs somewhere from QR 4000 - 5000. Does the company provide you transport allowance or car? This is must in Doha, as there are not much provisions for public transport. If you rent a car, you have to pay QR 2000 per month.

Your general provisions may cost you from QR 1000, depending on how you spend.

Water and electricity from QR 200 - 400. Internet, I am not very sure about the figures but I guess it will be around QR 300.

Do you have kids going to School? Does the company takes care of medical insurance for the family?

1 person likes this.
  3. indian2014

indian2014 New IL'ite

Dear Sharmila,

Thanks a lot for your help.

We are just 2 me & husband(no kids) . Company is providing medical insurance for both of us.

Can we get a fully furnished flat at Mushrib Street in QR 4000 -5000.

Company is not providing transport, What about the Taxi services frequency in Doha? and how much it will cost? If we don't hire car in the beginning?

Can we assume that our monthly expenses will go up to QR 8500 - 9000 ( Including flat & other)

please Guide.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks

4. CS1982

CS1982 Senior IL'ite

Dear All

I just read this article in yahoo.

Yahoo! News

It seems to be giving a good comparison for prices for same product in different stores in UAE. If the same can be done for Qatar also, it would be quite beneficial to all..

Am I right..

CS

1 person likes this.
  5. MadhuSharmila

Hi indian2014,

Yes you can get a 1 BHK in Musherib for QR 4000 - 5000.

Taxis are there, the minimum charge is QR 10. But, you don't get them at your door step and hope you know how Summer will be here. Better, negotiate for transport allowance with the company.

Yes, for a couple, you could manage with QR 8000 per month. Let us know if you go ahead with the offer. We will be glad to have you here.

6. MadhuSharmila

CS,

That's a great idea. I saw Soumya's thread on this. Quite busy with work and settling down as we just returned from vacation, a week back. Will update that, when I get time.

7. indian2014

indian2014 New IL'ite

Hi Shrmila,

Thanks for the reply, Your replies are really helping us to take right decision.

I have two queries Pl guide

Initially, my Husband will come on business visa and he don't have Qatar driving licence so we have to adjust with taxi/bus service for 3-4 months up to receiving licence.can we hire taxi with driver or public bus/taxi service is OK? initially for going to office.
    if so what are the taxi charges with driver.

Secondly, How much time it generally take to get Work permit. so that, I can join my husband on 3 month Visa & then company will apply my RP.

again thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Thanks

8. MadhuSharmila

You are most welcome :)

Yes, you could hire a taxi on a monthly basis. But, in general, it is the responsibility of the company to take care of the transportation to work place atleast. The company can provide you transportation till your husband gets his driving license.

Your husband can get a Resident Permit in 1 or 2 months. But, before he applies a visit visa for you, he has to provide rental agreement and 6 months bank statement. Tell him to check with the company. They may help you in getting visa.

Let us know, if you need any further info.

9. indian2014

indian2014 New IL'ite

Dear Sharmila

Thank you.

As I searched on internet . Once my husband get work permit , i can come on visit visa ( 6 month extendable ) & when he will complete 6 month in company, company will apply for my residence visa. Please correct if I am wrong.

Thanks again for your valuable help.

I will definitely let you know once We will be there.

10. MadhuSharmila

Yes you are right...

But, as far I know, completion of 6 months with the company is not a mandatory thing. They can apply RP for you before that itself.