1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Relocating to Boston (Ipswich)

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by NehArjun, Apr 30, 2009.

1. NehArjun

NehArjun New IL'ite

Hi,
    We are considering moving to Boston Area (close to Ipswich). Currently living in Fairfax VA. I have a few concerns and I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or help in this regard

We are mainly looking for a place with a good montessori, good apartments and sizeable Indian community.
    Also since I do not have any friends in Boston.. this felt like a good start to know someone there

thanks
    Vijaya

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Vijaya ,

Though I wont be able to help you with the details you have asked for in the particular area.. I am just here to welcome you to MA !!

And talking about friends !!! Oh we are in huge numbers.. Stay active in IL once you settle here.. and friends will follow !! :)

3. NehArjun

NehArjun New IL'ite

Thank you Preethi :).. I was browsing the net couple of days back looking for Indians in Boston, I tumbled upon this site... truly an amazing site..havent had a chance to go through much... but I am impressed with whatever little I saw ...
    It will be nice to get to know all you..

4. NehArjun

NehArjun New IL'ite

I am back again to bother you all again...

I did a little bit research and looks like Woburn and Burlington are 2 of the places we are looking to stay since my husband's job is in Ipswich (rather will be once we decide to take this offer). Woburn / Burlington are like 20 miles from that place.

Going through this forum made me see that there are some people from Woburn.

Are there good number of Indians in Woburn or Burlington ?? That is really my biggest concern right now..

Preethi, since you were the only person who responded, would you mind telling me where you live in Boston and is there anyway I can get in touch with you...

Thanks
    Vijaya

5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Vijaya ,

Ahem , you are getting closer and closer to me .. huh ? :)

I live in woburn.. So do 2 other members, Sumasandeep and Vanitha ( who just moved, you can find her thread saying moving to Boston right here ) There are many indians in Woburn. Also, Burlington is just about 5 mins from here. I guess there are a decent number there as well. basically all these areas like Woburn, Waltham, Lowell, Burlington do have a decent count of Indian population.

I know of a community in Waltham which is like 60% Indians. These are all small cities and not so far to each other and can be covered in 30-45 mins by road.

Do let me know once you take the offer.. and decide to come to woburn .. i can help you with what you need to my best. :)

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  6. auserid8

auserid8 Senior IL'ite

Hi vijaya,

Welcome to Boston!!!!

I just moved in from NJ, and we stay in woburn because my husband's work place is in Burlington. I stay in Kimball Court. I see alot of Indians staying around this area.There are many apts close by(Kimball Towers,Beacon vilage,Stone Brook Farms,Washington Crossing etc).Check on rent.com before you go to see the apts. They sometimes might have move in specials which will save u money on the rent. I am new to this place as well.. so not sure about the place you were talking about. Just make sure that your husband's work place isnt all that far from home,because he will only end up spending time on travel.Anyways will be happy to receive you here.

Rgds
    Vanitha

7. NehArjun

NehArjun New IL'ite

Thanks Vanitha.. I guess I already started having friends even before coming to Boston.
    I did read ur thread about moving to Boston and am glad to hear that there are lot of Indians in Boston.

Preethi is ur mom by chance in California ?? My sister (lives in Blore in Rajarajeshwari nagar) was talking about a Dr. Preethi who is a dentist and lives in Boston and I would be shocked and surprised if u were the same Preethi. She said she will send me her contact info... I know you are a Dr (ur name says so..)

8. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Vijaya ,

Dont be ! I dont know your sister's name, but if she is sure that the
    Dr.Preethi's mom she knows lives in CA, then I am defintly not that
    Dr. Preethi .. :)

My mommy lives in Bangalore !! :) and is yet to cross borders.. will never go to California however ! ;)

But yes, I am a Dentist.

And none of them in Rajarajeshwari Nagar.. knows my contact info.. :) So, dont be shocked and surprised.. :)

9. NehArjun

NehArjun New IL'ite

hey sorry kind of disappeared.. have been busy with things at home.

Will be visiting Boston(Woburn) during the long weekend. Is it possible to just meet any of you there... Mostly will be there on Friday the 22nd.

10. NehArjun

NehArjun New IL'ite

hey Preethi.. thought I replied to you... but doesn't look like.. how have u been ?
    I think I jumped to conlusions very fast... never mind .. more friends... more fun

our moving to Boston is almost confirmed. Have been busy with 2 kids and I also work from home.. So it has been crazy.

hope to meet u all soon.